UPSC Eligibility Criteria 2023: The UPSC Notification 2023 has been released along with the UPSC Eligibility Criteria. The Union Public Service Commission, which is the central recruitment agency for recruiting all Group ‘A’ officers under the Government of India, will conduct the UPSC CSE 2023 to recruit officers for the central government. This article provides details on the UPSC Eligibility Criteria 2023, including the UPSC Qualification and Age Limit.
Check:- UPSC Notification 2023
UPSC Exam Age Limit
UPSC Eligibility Criteria has been released along with UPSC Notification. Candidates are advised to go through the Age Limit criteria for UPSC before filling out UPSC Application Form.
Check: UPSC Syllabus 2023
UPSC Age Limit 2023
- For General Category: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2023.
- It means, the candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd August 1990 and not later than 1st August 2001.
- UPSC CSE Age Relaxation:
- SC and ST: Upto Five Years
- Eligible OBCs: Upto Three Years
- For Disable (sustained in a conflict) Defense Personnel released due to such disability: Upto three years
- Ex-servicemen having at least five years of Military Service: Upto five years
Date of Birth
- The date of birth, accepted by the UPSC is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or
- In a certificate recognized by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or
- In an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or
- In the Higher Secondary examination certificate or
- An equivalent examination certificate.
Check: UPSC Exam Date 2023
UPSC Age Limit Relaxation 2023
In the UPSC 2023 Exam, the candidates can get the complete eligibility criteria for appearing in the examination including the UPSC Age Limit. Candidates can check the UPSC age-relaxation criteria for the reserved category from the table given below.
|Category||UPSC CSE Age Relaxation|
|Defense Services Personnel||3 years|
|Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs||5 years|
|The hearing problem, deaf, low vision, ex-servicemen, blindness, muscle deformity||10 years|
UPSC Eligibility Criteria
UPSC released UPSC CSE Notification 2023 on 1 February 2023. All the aspirants should keep a keen eye on the UPSC Events by following Adda247 for all the latest updates. UPSC Recruitment 2023 is a golden opportunity for aspirants who wants to get into the prestigious Civil Services. Before applying and joining UPSC, it is necessary to know about the UPSC Eligibility Criteria. So here we are sharing the UPSC Eligibility Criteria 2023 in detail.
UPSC Eligibility Criteria 2023
Candidates planning to appear in the UPSC CSE must know about the UPSC eligibility criteria before applying for the UPSC IAS Exam 2023. We have discussed the UPSC IAS Eligibility criteria 2023 along with the educational criteria for appearing in the UPSC CSE. We have provided a brief overview of the UPSC Eligibility Criteria in this article.
Check: UPSC Previous Year Question Papers
UPSC Eligibility Criteria 2023 Nationality
UPSC has defined the eligibility criteria in UPSC Notification for all the services. Non-Indian citizens can also apply for UPSC CSE under certain conditions. Aspirants can check the UPSC eligibility criteria concerning the nationality of the applicant post-wise in this section.
- For the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), the Indian Foreign Service (IFS), and the Indian Police Service (IPS)–
- A candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For other services, a candidate must be either-
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Note: Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d), and (e) shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Check: UPSC Application Form 2023
UPSC Eligibility Criteria 2023 Educational Qualification
We have discussed the UPSC educational criteria for appearing in the UPSC CSE 2023. Every candidate appearing for the examination, who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted six (6) attempts at the UPSC CSE. UPSC Educational Criteria for UPSC CSE 2023 is
- A Graduate Degree from a recognized university or an Equivalent Qualification
Check: UPSC Cut Off Marks
UPSC Eligibility Criteria 2023 Number of Attempts
Candidates can check the details regarding the number of attempts from the table given below. Candidates from General Category can attempt UPSC CSE 6 times till the age of 32 years.
|Number of Attempts||Category to which the Candidate Belongs|
|Unlimited||09||09 for GL/EWS/OBC;
Unlimited for SC/ST
|*GL – General Category|
UPSC Eligibility Criteria FAQs
1. Can 12th pass apply UPSC?
Ans. It is not possible to become an IAS officer with a 12th-standard qualification!
2. Can I become IAS at the age of 40?
Ans. According to UPSC Eligibility Criteria, the age limit for the General & EWS Category is 32 years. The upper age limit for OBC is 35 years. The upper age limit for SC/ST is 37 Years.
3. Is UPSC Notification 2023 out?
Ans. UPSC Notification 2023 will be released on 1st February 2023.
4. What is the UPSC Eligibility Criteria 2023?
Ans. A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2023. UPSC Educational Criteria for UPSC CSE 2023 is a Graduate Degree from a recognized university or an Equivalent Qualification.
|UPSC 2023 Important Links|
|UPSC Exam Date||UPSC Syllabus 2023|
|UPSC Admit Card 2023||UPSC Exam Centers 2023|
|UPSC Exam Analysis 2023||UPSC Answer Key 2023|
|UPSC Cut-off Marks 2023||UPSC Previous Year Paper|
|UPSC Salary Structure 2023 / IAS Per Month Salary|