UPSC ESIC Deputy Director Recruitment- Introduction
Recently, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) released the ESIC Recruitment 2021 notification for the post of Deputy Director. As of now, the total number of vacancies stands at 151, which the commission can increase or decrease in the future. The last date for application submission was 02nd September, 2021.
Candidates who have applied for the post of ESIC Deputy Director must know various key details about the exam. In this context, team Adda247 is committed to decipher various aspects of the ESIC Deputy Director Exam in detail and help you ace the exam.
Today, we are going to discuss the exam pattern of the ESIC Deputy Director in detail. This will help you plan your preparation in a structured way and as per the demand of the exam.
UPSC ESIC Deputy Director Recruitment- Exam Pattern
There would be two levels of examination for selecting the candidate for the post of ESIC Deputy director. They are-
- Computer-Based Recruitment Test (CBRT)/Recruitment Test (RT): will be conducted by the UPSC to short-list the candidates for Interview for recruitment to the post of Deputy Director.
- Interview: It will be conducted by the Commission to finally select the candidate for the post of Deputy Director.
First Stage- Computer Based Recruitment Test (CBRT)/Recruitment Test (RT)
|Sr. N.||Details||Computer-Based Recruitment Test (CBRT)/Recruitment Test (RT)|
|1.||Date of the Exam||Yet to be confirmed by the Commission|
|2.||Time (Hours)||02 Hours|
|3.||Scheme of the Exam||The Paper will contain two parts-
Part A- English
Part B- General Ability
|4.||Marking||-Objective Type Questions
– All Questions will Carry Equal Marks
– Penalty for Wrong Answers (One-third of the Marks Assigned to a Question)
|5.||Weightage and Marks||Weightage and marks for the CBRT/RT along-with other details, if any, will be informed later on by the Commission to the applicants|
Second Age- Interview
- Candidates Qualified CBRT/RT would be called for the Interview round.
- The category-wise minimum level of suitability in interviews, irrespective of whether the
selection is made only by interview or by RT followed by an interview (Of 100 Marks), will be-
- UR/EWS-50 marks,
- OBC-45 marks,
- SC/ST/PwBD-40 marks.
- In cases where selection is made by Recruitment Test (RT) followed by an interview, the candidate will have to achieve a minimum level of suitability in their respective category at Interview stage.
Note– In the event of the number of applications being large, Commission will adopt shortlisting criteria to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable number by aby or more of the following methods-
- “On the basis of Desirable Qualification (DQ) or any one or all of the DQs if more than one DQ is prescribed”.
- On the basis of higher educational qualifications than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- On the basis of higher experience in the relevant field than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- By counting experience before or after the acquisition of essential qualifications.
- By invoking experience even in cases where there is no experience mentioned either as Essential Qualification (EQ) or as Desirable Qualification (DQ).
- By holding a Recruitment Test (RT).
Hence, it is advised by the commission that the candidates should mention all his/her qualifications/Experience in the relevant fields over and above the minimum qualifications.