ESIC Deputy Director Recruitment- Introduction
Recently, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) released the ESIC Recruitment 2021 notification for the post of Deputy Director. As of now, the total number of vacancies stands at 151, which the commission can increase or decrease in the future. The last date for application submission was 02nd September 2021.
Candidates who have applied for the post of ESIC Deputy Director must know various key details about the exam. In this context, team Adda247 is committed to decipher various aspects of the ESIC Deputy Director Exam in detail and help you ace the exam.
From today onwards we are going to start a series on ESIC Deputy Director Recruitment Exam, starting with detailed eligibility criteria for the aspirants who can appear in the exam.
ESIC deputy director recruitment- Detailed Eligibility Criteria
Detailed Eligibility criteria for candidates appearing in the ESIC Deputy Director Exam are as follows-
- Citizenship: A Candidate must be either:
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Age Limit: A candidate from the general category must be below or of 35 years of age to be eligible for sitting in the ESIC Deputy Director Exam. Age Relaxation for other Categories of the Candidates are as follows-
- For SC/ST candidates: up to 5 years in respect of vacancies reserved for them.
- For OBC candidates: up to 3 years in respect of vacancies reserved for them.
- For Employees of ESIC: up to 5 years.
- Essential Qualification: UPSC prescribes the following as the Minimum Essential Qualification for Candidates appearing in the Exam-
- Educational Qualification: Candidates appearing in the exam must possess a Degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum Experience: The candidates must have three years experience of Administration or Accounts or Marketing or Public Relation or Insurance or Revenue or Tax related matters in a government or Public Sector Undertaking or Autonomous Body.
- Desired Qualification: Candidates who have the following qualifications, will be preferred by the Commission-
- Qualified Subordinate Accounts Services, or passed Institute of Costs and Works Accounts or Master of Business Administration (Finance), or a Degree in Law.
- Experience in matters relating to social insurance or Labour Laws.
- Note-I: Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the UPSC, for reasons to be recorded in writing, in the case of candidates otherwise well qualified.
- NOTE-II: The qualification(s) regarding experience is/are relaxable at the discretion of the UPSC, for reasons to be recorded in writing in the case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes or the Scheduled Tribes, if at any stage of selection, UPSC is of the opinion that the sufficient number of candidates from these communities possessing the requisite experience are not likely to be available to fill up the vacancies reserved for them.