SAMARTH Initiative: Relevance
- GS 2: Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States.
SAMARTH Initiative: Context
- Recently, Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises has launched a Special Entrepreneurship Promotion Drive for Women -“SAMARTH“, to provide them an opportunity to be self-reliant and independent by undertaking self-employment opportunities.
SAMARTH Initiative: Key points
- To celebrate International Women’s Day, Ministry of MSME organised an international conference – “Empowering Women Entrepreneurs” in association with National Small Industries Corporation and India SME Forum.
- The Conference has been organized to provide a platform to existing and aspiring Indian Women Entrepreneurs to gain from experiences and entrepreneurial journey of the most successful women entrepreneurs from different parts of the world as well as for discussing the best practices and innovation in entrepreneurship with international experts.
- A comprehensive presentation on the various schemes being implemented by the Ministry was also made by the senior officials from the Ministry.
Women in MSME
- MSME sector offers plethora of opportunities for women and therefore steps are needed to promote women entrepreneurship.
- Women today are creating exceptional and ground-breaking accomplishments in every sphere of life and are optimistic about what the future holds for them.
- With the increased supportive initiatives by the government, we together can usher in a new era in India`s future.
What is SAMARTH initiative?
- Through this initiative, Ministry of MSME is focusing on providing Skill Development and Market Development Assistance to women and more than 7500 women candidates from rural and sub- urban areas will be trained in the FY 2022-23.
- Besides, thousands of women will be getting marketing opportunities to showcase their products in domestic and international exhibitions.
Samarth initiative benefits
- 20% Seats in free Skill Development Programs organized under skill development schemes of the Ministry will be allocated for Women. More than 7500 women will be benefitted.
- 20% of MSME Business Delegations sent to domestic & international exhibitions under the schemes for Marketing Assistance implemented by Ministry will be dedicated to women owned MSMEs.
- 20% Discount on annual processing fee on NSIC’s Commercial Schemes
- Special Drive for registration of women-owned MSMEs under Udyam Registration.
Read current affairs for UPSC