- GS 2: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
- Recently, Ministry of Electronics, Ministry for Electronics & IT (MeItY) launched the program of PMGDISHA Drive & Announcement of 100% Digital Literacy of all digital villages’ under Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
Key points of PMGDISHA drive
- Under the campaign, a three-day certification communities will be conducted for the rural citizens especially women and disadvantaged.
- A certification drive for the PMGDISHA scheme will be conducted in a similar manner.
- Moreover, Common Service Center (CSC) also proposed to make all the Digital Villages 100 percent Digital Literate.
Performance so far
- As on 02.08.2021, around crore beneficiaries have been enrolled and more than 4 crores have been trained under the PMGDISHA Scheme.
- So far, over 2.5 crore women beneficiaries have been registered which is 52 % of the cumulative registration count.
- Out of the above, over 1.78 Crore women beneficiaries are certified under the scheme which is 54 % of the total certified beneficiaries under the PMGDISHA Scheme.
- The Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMGDISHA) is a program under Digital India Programme to usher digital literacy in rural India.
- Under the scheme, 6 crore households in rural areas will be covered and will be made digitally literate by 31.03.2022.
- To ensure equitable geographical reach, each of the 2,50,000 Gram Panchayats across the country are envisaged to register an average of 200-300 candidates.
- The Scheme is applicable only for rural areas of the country.
- All such households where none of the family member is digitally literate will be considered as eligible household under the Scheme.
- Only one person per eligible household would be considered for training.
- All the members of the family in the age group of 14 – 60 years would be covered.
- Preference would be given to SC, ST, BPL, women, differently-abled persons and minorities
- The identification of the beneficiaries would be carried out by CSC-SPV (Special Purpose Vehicle) in active collaboration with DeGS (Delhi e-Government Society), Gram Panchayats, and Block Development Officers.