National SC-ST Hub Conclave UPSC Relevance
National SC-ST Hub Conclave was organized in Mumbai to Empower and Promote Entrepreneurs among SC, ST Communities.
National SC-ST Hub initiative is important for UPSC Prelims 2023 and UPSC Mains Exam (GS Paper 2- Various government schemes and initiatives to promote welfare of vulnerable sections of population including SC and ST Communities).
Providing Credit Card to MSME Entrepreneurs
National SC-ST Hub Conclave in News
- Recently, a National SC-ST Hub Conclave was held in Mumbai on 23rd January, 2023 at World Trade Centre, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai.
- National SC-ST Hub Conclave 2023 was inaugurated by the Union MSME Minister Narayan Rane.
What Are Hakku Patra Given To Banjara Community By PM Modi?
National SC-ST Hub Conclave 2023
- About: National SC – ST Hub Conclave is an initiative of Union MSME Ministry to empower and promote entrepreneurs among SC, ST Communities.
- Mandate: National SC – ST Hub Conclave aims to-
- Promote the culture of entrepreneurship among members of the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe communities and
- Spread awareness of the National SC-ST Hub (NSSH) and other schemes of the MSME Ministry.
- Organizing Ministry: National SC – ST Hub Conclave was organized by the Union Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME).
- Participation: Many current and future SC-ST entrepreneurs from Mumbai and surrounding regions are participating in the event.
National SC-ST Hub Conclave Objectives
- Increasing Procurement: The main goal of the conclave is to help achieve the sub-target of 4% annual procurement from MSEs owned by SC/ST entrepreneurs, as part of Public Procurement Policy for Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs).
- Proving an Interactive Platform: The conclave provides an interactive platform to both aspiring and existing SC-ST entrepreneurs to interact with diverse stakeholders comprising-
- Central Public Sector Enterprises,
- Industry Associations,
- Lending institutions and
- Concerned central and State government departments.
- Converging and Leveraging Various Schemes: The conclave will also help SC, ST Entrepreneurs to better leverage the benefits offered under the SC ST Hub and other schemes and programmes of the Ministry of MSME.
National SC-ST Hub Scheme
- About: National SC ST Hub is being implemented by the Union Ministry of MSME to provide professional support to SC-ST entrepreneurs and thus promote inclusive growth.
- Key Mandate: The National SC ST Hub supports entrepreneurs of the SC and ST communities in capacity building, market linkages, finance facilitation and tender bid participation.
- Significance: National SC ST Hub and various schemes under MSME Ministry aims to realize the dream of an Aatmnirbhar Bharat.
- National SC-ST Hub scheme is being implemented for the purpose of employment generation, promotion of entrepreneurship, increasing GDP and boosting exports.
National SC-ST Hub FAQs
1. What is National SC-ST Hub Initiative?
Ans. National SC ST Hub is being implemented by the Union Ministry of MSME to provide professional support to SC-ST entrepreneurs and thus promote inclusive growth.
2. Which Ministry organizes the National SC-ST Hub Conclave?
Ans. National SC – ST Hub Conclave was organized by the Union Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME).
3. How many people are employed in MSME Sector in India?
Ans. The MSME sector consists of more than 6 crore units and employs more than 11 crore people, thus being the sector next only to agriculture in providing the largest employment.
MSME Sustainable (ZED) Scheme Launched