KAPILA Campaign- Relevance for UPSC Exam
- GS Paper 2: Governance, Administration and Challenges- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
- GS Paper 3: Science and Technology- Awareness and issues relating to intellectual property rights.
KAPILA Campaign- Context
- The Union Government launched a campaign KAPILA Campaign for Intellectual Property Literacy and creating patent awareness in 2020.
- KAPILA Full Form: Kalam Program for Intellectual Property Literacy and Awareness Campaign.
- According to the recent data provided by the Ministry of State for Education, more than 46,000 users have registered for KAPILA awareness programs.
KAPILA Campaign- Key Points
- About: KAPILA campaign is an IP literacy program that seeks to increase awareness regarding the protection and exploitation of Intellectual Property (IP).
- KAPILA Kalam Program was launched on the 89th birth anniversary of former President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
- Key Objectives: KAPILA Awareness Program aims-
- To provide funding support in order to promote the filing of Intellectual Property (IP) in Higher Education Institutions. KAPILA Portal has been launched for the same.
- To create awareness regarding Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs),
- To enable IP protection of inventions originating from faculty and students of HEIs,
- Development of Credit Course on IPR,
- Training program on IPR for faculty and students of HEIs and
- Sensitization and development of vibrant IP filing system.
- Key initiatives under KAPILA Campaign: Under the KAPILA initiative, the following noteworthy activities have been conducted-
- Intellectual Property (IP) Clinic,
- Case Studies/ Articles regarding Innovation and Intellectual Property and
- Online awareness programs and
- National Intellectual Property Literacy Week (NIPLW) KAPILA Campaign.