International Tourism Mart- Relevance for UPSC Exam
- GS Paper 2: Governance, Administration and Challenges- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
International Tourism Mart- Context
- The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, in association with the North Eastern States is organizing the 9th “International Tourism Mart” (ITM) for the North East Region at Kohima, Nagaland.
- The 8th edition of International Tourism Mart was held at Imphal, Manipur in 2019.
- Presentation by State Governments and discussions on several aspects of tourism and unique tourism products in the North East Region and their potential is part of the International Tourism Mart.
International Tourism Mart- Key Points
- About: International Tourism Mart is an annual event organized by the Union Tourism Ministry in collaboration with North-eastern states.
- The International Tourism Marts are organized in the North Eastern States on a rotation basis.
- Nagaland is hosting International Tourism Mart for the first time (9th Edition).
- The earlier editions of International Tourism Mart have been held in Guwahati (Assam), Tawang (Arunachal Pradesh), Shillong (Meghalaya), Gangtok (Sikkim), Agartala (Tripura), and Imphal (Manipur).
- Participation: International Tourism Mart provides a platform for participation of tourism business fraternity and entrepreneurs from the 8 North Eastern States.
- Objective: International Tourism Mart aims to highlight the tourism potential of the north-eastern region in the domestic and international markets.
International Tourism Mart– Significance
- International Tourism Mart highlights the tourism potential of the northeast region in the domestic and international markets.
- The delegation at International Tourism Mart includes students from across the country as part of a study tour under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
- International Tourism Mart will provide a platform for States to showcase their products to international buyers, opinion makers, and bloggers and attract more tourists to their respective states.