Rashtriya Raksha University- Relevance for UPSC Exam
- GS Paper 2: Governance, Administration and Challenges- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
Rashtriya Raksha University in News
- Recently, the Prime Minister dedicated a building of Rashtriya Raksha University to the nation and delivered its first Convocation address at Ahmedabad.
Key Facts about Rashtriya Raksha University
- Background: The government set up a national police university named Rashtriya Raksha University by upgrading the Raksha Shakti University.
- Raksha Shakti University was established by the Government of Gujarat in 2010.
- About: Rashtriya Raksha University (RRU) was set up to meet the need for high-quality trained manpower in various wings of policing, criminal justice and correctional administration.
- Rashtriya Raksha University (RRU) commenced its operations on 1st October, 2020.
- Significance: Rashtriya Raksha University will develop synergies with the private sector by leveraging knowledge and resources from the industry.
- Rashtriya Raksha University would also set up Centres of Excellence in various fields relating to police and security.
- Creating Synergy: Gandhinagar area has National Law University, Raksha University and forensic science university.
- There is a need for synergy between these institutions through regularly combined symposiums to create a holistic education in these related fields.
Courses offered at Rashtriya Raksha University
- Academic Courses: RRU offers academic programs from diploma to doctorate level in various areas of policing and internal security such as-
- Police science and management,
- Criminal law and justice,
- Cyber psychology,
- Information technology,
- Artificial intelligence and cyber security,
- Crime investigation,
- Strategic languages,
- Internal defence and strategies,
- Physical education and sports,
- Coastal and maritime security.
- Present Status: Currently, 822 students from 18 States are enrolled in these programs.