Manodarpan Initiative- Relevance for UPSC Exam
- GS Paper 2: Governance, Administration and Challenges- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes.
Manodarpan Initiative- Context
- Recently ‘Manodarpan’, the initiative has been taken by the government, covering a wide range of activities to provide psychosocial support to students, teachers and families for Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing during the COVID outbreak and beyond.
Manodarpan Initiative- Key Points
- About: Manodarpan Initiative is a part of various initiatives taken by the government to ensure the mental wellness of the students and associated people like teachers and families, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Parent Ministry: Manodarpan Initiative is being implemented by the Ministry of Education.
- Working Group: A Working Group, having experts from the fields of education, mental health and psychosocial issues as its members, has been set up. It aims
- To monitor and promote the mental health issues and concerns of students and
- To facilitate providing of support to address the mental health and psychosocial aspects during and after COVID-19, through counselling services, online resources and helpline.
Manodarpan Initiative- Key Features
- Advisory Guidelines for students, teachers and faculty of School systems and Universities along with families.
- Web page on Ministry of Education website carrying advisory, practical tips, posters, videos, do’s and don’ts for psychosocial support, FAQs and online query system.
- National level database and directory of counsellors at School and University levels.
- National Toll-free Helpline (8448440632) for a countrywide outreach to students from schools, universities and colleges.
- Handbook on Psychosocial Support: Enriching Life skills and Wellbeing of Students
- Webinars, audio-visual resources including videos, posters, flyers, comics, and short films with a focus on the convergence of resources from other Ministries/Departments on physical and creative well-being which are essential parts of mental well-being.