Khadi Fest 2023: Khadi Fest 2023 was inaugurated at Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) Headquarters in Mumbai. KVIC Khadi Fest will showcase various khadi and allied products. Khadi Fest is also important for UPSC Prelims 2023 and UPSC Mains Exam (GS Paper 2- Governance, Administration and Challenges).
Khadi Fest 2023 in News
Recently, Shri Manoj Kumar, Chairman, Khadi and Village Industries Commission, inaugurated the Khadi Fest- 23 at the KVIC Headquarters in Mumbai. Khadi Fest 2023 of KVIC will run from January 27 to February 24, 2023.
Khadi Fest 2023
In this Khadi Fest, Khadi and Village Industries Institutions, PM Employment Guarantee Program (PMEGP) units from various parts of the country affiliated to Khadi and Village Industries Commission are showcasing their products for exhibit and sales.
Khadi Fest 2023 Displayed Items
In addition to cotton khadi, khadi silk, pashmina, poly vastra, patola Silk, kalamkari sarees, kanjivaram silk, light weight soft silk sarees, tussar silk, fulkari dress materials are available. Other attractive apparels made of khadi fabrics, madhubani prints, dry fruits, tea, kahwa, beauty herbal and ayurvedic products, honey products, hand paper products, home decor products, Bamboo Products, Carpets, Aloe Vera Products, Leather Products and many other Khadi and Village Industries products are available at Khadi Fest 2023 .
Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC)
The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament. In April 1957, Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) took over the work of former All India Khadi and Village Industries Board.
Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) Objectives
The KVIC is charged with the planning, promotion, organisation and implementation of programs for the development of Khadi and other village industries in the rural areas in coordination with other agencies engaged in rural development wherever necessary. The broad objectives of the KVIC has are-
- The social objective of providing employment.
- The economic objective of producing saleable articles.
- The wider objective of creating self-reliance amongst the poor and building up of a strong rural community spirit.
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) functions comprise-
- building up of a reserve of raw materials and implements for supply to producers,
- creation of common service facilities for processing of raw materials as semi-finished goods and
- provisions of facilities for marketing of KVI products and
- organisation of training of artisans engaged in these industries and encouragement of co-operative efforts amongst them.
- To promote the sale and marketing of khadi and/or products of village industries or handicrafts, the KVIC may forge linkages with established marketing agencies wherever feasible and necessary.
- The KVIC is also charged with the responsibility of encouraging and promoting research in the production techniques and equipment employed in the Khadi and Village Industries sector and providing facilities for the study of the problems relating to it, including the use of non-conventional energy and electric power
- These are done with a view to increasing productivity, eliminating drudgery and otherwise enhancing their competitive capacity and arranging for dissemination of salient results obtained from such research.
- It is entrusted with the task of providing financial assistance to institutions and individuals for development and operation of Khadi and village industries and guiding them through supply of designs, prototypes and other technical information.
- In implementing KVI activities, the KVIC may take such steps as to ensure genuineness of the products and to set standards of quality and ensure that the products of Khadi and village industries do conform to the standards.
- The KVIC may also undertake directly or through other agencies studies concerning the problems of Khadi and/or village industries besides research or establishing pilot projects for the development of Khadi and village industries.
- The KVIC is authorized to establish and maintain separate organisations for the purpose of carrying out any or all of the above matters besides carrying out any other matters incidental to its activities.
Khadi Fest 2023 FAQs
1. Who is organizing Khadi Fest 2023?
Ans. Khadi Fest 2023 is being organized by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC).
2. Is Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) a statutory body?
Ans. Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament.
3. Where is the Khadi Fest 2023 being organized?
Ans. Khadi Fest 2023 is being organized at the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) Headquarters in Mumbai.