Daily Current Affairs For UPSC 29 December 2022: We bring to you ”Daily Current Affairs for UPSC Exam” on the principle of updating UPSC CSE aspirants with Most Important Daily UPSC Prelims Specific Current Affairs. These Daily Current Affairs are prepared in Bit Form/Abridged Form to save the precious time of UPSC Aspirants. In Today’s Prelims Bits we are covering Current Affairs Bits for the below mentioned topics: What is National Ganga Council (NGC)?, Sri Guru Gobind Singhji, PRASHAD scheme, Sammakka Saralamma Jatara.
National Ganga Council (NGC)
What is the News About National Ganga Council (NGC)?
- Prime Minister will chair the 2nd meeting of the National Ganga Council (NGC) on 30th December 2022 in Kolkata.
- The meeting will be attended by Union Minister for Jal Shakti, other Union Ministers who are members of the council and Chief Ministers of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal.
Important Prelims Bits about National Ganga Council
The National Ganga Council has been given the overall responsibility for superintendence of pollution prevention and rejuvenation of River Ganga and its tributaries.
Know About National Ganga Council
- The National Ganga Council (NGC) is an authority created in October 2016 under the River Ganga (Rejuvenation, Protection and Management) Authorities Order, 2016, dissolving the National Ganga River Basin Authority.
- In this backdrop, NGC has been established as an authority and National Mission for Clean Ganga has been also converted into an authority.
- The Council has been given overall responsibility for the superintendence of pollution prevention and rejuvenation of River Ganga Basin, including Ganga and its tributaries.
Composition of NGC
- The Prime Minister is the ex-officio Chairperson for the NGC
- Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation will be the ex-officio Vice-Chairperson.
- The other ex-officio members of the council are from various ministries and CMs of the corresponding states among other stakeholders.
What is the Jurisdiction of NGC?
The jurisdiction of the NGC shall extend to the States comprising River Ganga Basin, namely, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, West Bengal, Jharkhand, Haryana, and the NCR of Delhi and such other States, having major tributaries of the River Ganga.
Daily Current Affairs for UPSC Exam 28 December 2022 | Prelims Bits
Sri Guru Gobind Singhji
Why Guru Gobind Singhji Is In News?
- Today is the 356th Prakash Purab (birthday celebrations) of the 10th and last Sikh Guru, Sri Guru Gobind Singhji, founder of Khalsa Panth.
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has paid tributes to Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji on the sacred occasion of Parkash Purab of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.
- To celebrate Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti, Sikhs around the world visit Gurudwaras, where prayer meetings take place in honour of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.
Prelims Bits on Guru Gobind Singh Ji
- Guru Gobind Singh Ji was a Sikh Guru, a spiritual leader, warrior, poet and philosopher.
- He became the leader and protector of the Sikhs at the age of nine after his father, Guru Tegh Bahadur, the ninth Sikh Guru, was killed by Aurangzeb for refusing to convert to Islam.
- Guru Gobind Ji led the Sikh community through his teachings and philosophy and soon gained historical importance.
- He was responsible for institutionalising the Khalsa, which played a significant role in protecting the Sikhs after his death.
- Guru Gobind Singh Ji declared Guru Granth Sahib as Sikhism’s holy scripture in 1708, before his death.
- Guru Gobind Singh Ji was a great warrior. He was known for his inclination towards poetry and the philosophies and writings he stood by.
- He refused to answer the Mughal invaders and fought alongside the Khalsa to protect his people.
- Under his guidance, his followers adhered to a strict code.
- His philosophies, writings, and poetry inspire people to this day.
Daily Current Affairs for UPSC 27 December 2022, Prelims Bits
Guru Nanak Jayanti 2022: Significance of Gurpurab
What is the Significance Of Veer Bal Diwas? Know Everything!
Why PRASHAD scheme Is In News?
- The President of India, Smt Droupadi Murmu laid the foundation stone for the development of pilgrimage facilities at Bhadrachalam Group of Temples under PRASHAD scheme at Bhadrachalam today (December 28, 2022.
- Few days ago, President Smt. Droupadi Murmu inaugurated the project “Development of Srisailam Temple in the State of Andhra Pradesh” at Srisailam Temple Complex, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh.
Prelims Bits About PRASHAD scheme
- The ‘National Mission on Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual, Heritage Augmentation Drive’ (PRASHAD) is a Central Sector Scheme with complete financial assistance by the Government of India.
- The scheme is launched under the leadership of Prime Minister by the Ministry of Tourism in the year 2014-15 with the vision of focused integrated infrastructure development to harness pilgrimage and heritage tourism destinations for its direct and multiplier effect upon employment generation and economic development.
Know About Bhadrachalam Temple
- Lord Sree Sita Ramachandra Swamy Temple in Bhadrachalam is a Hindu temple of Lord Rama located in Telangana, India.
- The area is called as Bhadrachalam and is the venue of grand celebrations on Rama Navami day, when the wedding anniversary of Lord Rama and his consort Sita takes place with much fanfare.
Know About Bhakta Raamadaas
- Popularly known as Bhakta Raamadaas, he was born Gopanna to Linganna Mantri (a surname he kept as a result of one of his forebears being a minister at the court of a king) & Kadamba (sister of Madanna, a brahmin minister to TaniShah), in 1620 in Nelakondapalli, a small village in Khammam district, Andhra Pradesh.
Know About Srisailam Sri Mallikarjuna Swamy Temple
- Srisailam Sri Mallikarjuna Swamy Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and his consort Goddess Parvati and the only temple in India significant to both Saivism and Shaktism.
- The presiding deity of the place is Brahmaramba Mallikarjuna Swamy in natural stone formations in the shape of Lingam and is considered one of the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva and one of the 18 Maha Shakti Peethas of the Goddess, Parvati.
- Apart from being one of the 12 Jyotirlingas and Shakti Peethas of India, the temple is also classified as one of the Paadal Petra Sthalam.
- The idol of Lord Mallikarjuna Swamy and Goddess Bhramaramba Devi are thought to be ‘Swayambhu’ or self-manifested, and the unique combination of Jyothirlingam and Mahasakthi in one complex is one-of-a-kind.
Daily Current Affairs for UPSC Exam 26 December | Prelims Bits
Analysis Of Kurukshetra Magazine: ”Prasad Scheme and Swadesh Darshan Scheme” | Kurukshetra June 2022
Sammakka Saralamma Jatara
Why Is Sammakka Saralamma In News?
Yesterday, President Murmu inauguratesd Sammakka Saralamma Janjati Pujari Sammelan at Bhadrachalam in Telangana organised by the Vanvasi Kalyan Parishad.
Important Prelims Bits On Sammakka Saralamma Jatara
- Sammakka Saralamma Jataraalso known as Medaram Jatara is a biennial tribal festival celebrated in the memory and honour of goddesses Sammakka and Saralamma in the State of Telangana, India.
- The Jatara begins at Medaram in Tadvai Mandal in Mulugu District.
- It commemorates the valiant fight of the mother and daughter duo i.e. Sammakka and Saralamma against the then Kakatiya dynasty rulers protesting exaction of land tribute even at the time of severe drought.
- After Kumbha Mela, the Medaram jatara is said to attract the largest number of devotees in the country.
- Medaram Jatara – 2022 starts on 16th February, 2022 and concludes on 19th February, 2022.
Daily Current Affairs For UPSC Exam 24 December 2022 | Prelims Bits
What is Chennai’s Margazhi Festival? | A Season of Music & Dance
Daily Current Affairs for UPSC 27 December 2022, Prelims Bits