Daily Current Affairs For UPSC 12 January 2023: We bring to you ”Daily Current Affairs for UPSC Exam” based on the principle of updating UPSC CSE aspirants with Most Important Daily UPSC Prelims Specific Current Affairs. These Daily Current Affairs are prepared by our team in Bit Form/Abridged Form to save the precious time of UPSC Aspirants. In Today’s Prelims Bits we are covering Daily Current Affairs Bits for the below mentioned topics: Golden Globe Award, Sur Sarita-Symphony, Saint Thyagaraja, VSHORADS
Daily Current Affairs for UPSC Exam 11 January 2023 | Prelims Bits
Golden Globe Award 2022-23
Why In News?
- The 80th Golden Globe Awards were held in Los Angeles on January 11 (IST).
- Indian film RRR won Best Original Song for ‘Naatu Naatu’ at the ceremony. Music director MM Keeravani collected the trophy.
- This is the first ever that any Indian Film has won the prestigious Award.
- The film was also nominated for Best Non-English Language Film. In the Best Non-English Language Film category
Know About MM Keeravani
- MM Keeravani is a legendary Music Composer.
- MM Keeravani, named after a raga of Indian Music, gained attention across the globe after receiving the Golden Globe award for his exemplary composition of the Natu Natu song for the RRR movie.
- Keeravani was a favourite raga for his father Shiva Shakti Datta, who named his son after it, expecting that the child would grow into a famous musician.
Know About Golden Globe Award
- Golden Globe Awards are presented every year by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) for outstanding achievements in Television and Films (both American and International).
- They are of utmost importance in the Entertainment industry.
- Golden Globe Awards are of the most important awards in the Entertainment industry and every other award from Oscars to BAFTA to SAG Awards is secondary.
- It was first presented on January 20, 1944, for excellence in Film and Television.
- The Hollywood Foreign Press Association presents the Golden Globe Awards and its members vote the winners.
Govt. Declares Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards 2023, To Be Given To 27 Oversees Indians
Why In News?
- The world’s longest river cruise MV Ganga Vilas will be flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi tomorrow, January 13, in Varanasi.
- Ministry of Culture will organise a grand curtain raiser cultural program ‘Sur Sarita – Symphony of Ganga’ on the eve of the launch of the world’s longest river cruise today in Varanasi.
Prelims Bits on Sur Sarita-Symphony
- Ganga Vilas Cruise will cross Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Bangladesh, and Assam in a journey of 51 days. Keeping this in mind, songs have been chosen from different states, and folk musicians from Assam, Bihar, and Bengal will join Shankar Mahadevan to pay homage to the rivers Ganga, Yamuna, and Brahmaputra.
- During the concert, other dignitaries including tourists traveling on Ganga Vilas Cruise will get acquainted with the importance of Mother Ganga and their responsibilities towards her, along with enjoying the Sur Taranginis.
- The show, of about an hour, will end with Shankar Mahadevan’s rendition of ‘Kartavya Ganga’ which promises the river goddess that every Indian will always take care of her.
Daily Current Affairs For UPSC 10 January 2023, Prelims Bits
Why In News?
The 176th Aradhana of the great Saint and Composer Sri Thyagaraja held on 11th January 2023 at Thiruvaiyaru which is the birth place of Sri Thyagaraja.
Prelims Bits On Sri Thyagaraja
- Sri Thyagaraja was the greatest among the music composers of South India and one of the musical prodigies of all time.
- He was the father of modern Carnatic music.
- His Keerthanas about gods are of delicate spirituality, full of melodic beauty and in the highest sense artistic.
- In his childhood itself, he was remarkable for his liking and affection for music.
- He composed his first song at the age of 13. Soon he reached the supercilious summit of the musical fame and composed the grandest songs ever written and two music plays of unequalled beauty.
- He spent most of his time doing pooja and singing to the idols of Rama, Lakshmana and Sita, and thus his compositions were inspired and infused with Rama bhakthi.
- Aware of his approaching end, he took Sanyasa. On the 10th day of his Sanyasa, he merged with eternity in 1847.
What Is The Significance Of Thiruvaiyaru Thyagaraja Aradhana Mahotsava?
Why In News?
The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), under the chairmanship of Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, approved the Acceptance of Necessity (AoN) for Very Short Range Air Defence System(VSHORADS).
Prelims Bits on VSHORADS
- VSHORADS, which stands for Very Short Range Air Defence System, is a missile system which incorporates many novel technologies including a miniaturized Reaction Control System (RCS) and integrated avionics.
- Designed and developed indigenously by DRDO’s Research Centre Imarat (RCI), Hyderabad in collaboration with other DRDO laboratories and Indian Industry Partners, VSHORADS is a Man Portable Air Defence System (MANPAD).
- The VSHORADS missile, which is designed to counter low-altitude aerial threats at short ranges, is propelled by dual thrust solid motor.
- The missile’s design, including the launcher, has been highly optimised for portability.
- The missile system saw two successful test launches in September last year from a ground-based portable launcher at the Integrated Test Range, Chandipur, off the coast of Odisha.
- This man-portable weapon system is the need of the hour in view of the recent development along the Northern International borders of India.
- It is a robust system that can be quickly deployed in difficult terrain, and its acquisition will tighten the country’s air defence.
Defence Acquisition Council (DAC)