Chandrayaan-3 Successfully Underwent EMI-EMC Test
In This Article, We Will Read About Chandrayaan-3, EMI-EMC Test, ETC.
What is ISRO’s IMAT Test for Gaganyaan Program? | Parachute Drop Test
Context Of Chandrayaan-3
In News? During Jan 31, 2023 – Feb 02, 2023 Chandrayaan-3 lander successfully underwent EMI/EMC(Electro – Magnetic Interference/ Electro – Magnetic Compatibility) test at U R Rao Satellite Centre, Bengaluru.
Chandrayaan-3? The Chandrayaan-3 mission will follow Chandrayan-2 and demonstrate end-to-end capability in safe landing and roving on the lunar surface
EMI-EMC Test? The EMI-EMC test is conducted prior to satellite missions which ensures the functionality of the satellite subsystems in space as well as their compatibility with the expected electromagnetic levels.
Chandrayaan-2 gauges sodium content on Moon’s surface
What Is Chandrayaan-3?
- Follow On Mission: Chandrayaan-3 is a follow-on mission to Chandrayaan-2 to demonstrate end-to-end capability in safe landing and roving on the lunar surface.
- Lander, Rover And Propulsion Module: Chandrayaan-3 interplanetary mission has three major modules: the Propulsion module, Lander module, and Rover.
- Lander payloads:
- Chandra’s Surface Thermophysical Experiment (ChaSTE) to measure the thermal conductivity and temperature;
- Instrument for Lunar Seismic Activity (ILSA) for measuring the seismicity around the landing site; Langmuir Probe (LP) to estimate the plasma density and its variations.
- A passive Laser Retroreflector Array from NASA is accommodated for lunar laser ranging studies.
- Rover payloads:
- Alpha Particle X-ray Spectrometer (APXS) and
- Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscope (LIBS) for deriving the elemental composition in the vicinity of landing site.
- Propulsion Module:
- The propulsion module will carry the lander and rover configuration till 100km lunar orbit.
- The propulsion module has Spectro-polarimetry of HAbitable Planet Earth (SHAPE) payload to study the spectral and polarimetric measurements of Earth from the lunar orbit.
- Lander payloads:
- Launcher: Chandrayaan-3 will be launched by GSLV MkIII from SDSC, Sriharikota.
List of Indian Satellites Launched In India Download PDF
What Is EMI-EMC Test?
- EMI-EMC (Electro – Magnetic Interference/ Electro – Magnetic Compatibility) test is conducted for satellite missions to ensure the functionality of the satellite subsystems in the space environment and their compatibility with the expected electromagnetic levels.
- This test is a major milestone in the realization of the satellites.
- Chandrayaan-3 interplanetary mission has three major modules: the Propulsion module, Lander module, and Rover. The mission’s complexity calls for establishing radio-frequency (RF) communication links between the modules.
- During the Chandrayaan-3 lander EMI/EC test, Launcher compatibility, Antenna Polarization of all RF systems, Standalone auto compatibility tests for orbital and powered descent mission phases, and Lander & Rover compatibility tests for post landing mission phase were ensured. The performance of the systems was satisfactory.