What Is Yuva Sangam Initiative Under Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat?
In this article, ”What Is Yuva Sangam Initiative Under Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat?” we will read about Yuva Sangam, Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat and Key Events Under Yuva Sangam Initiative.
Yuva Sangam Initiative In News
- The ‘Yuva Sangam’ registration portal has been launched on February 06, 2023 to connect the youth of the northeast with the whole country.
- Union Minister of Education and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan launched it.
What Is Yuva Sangam Initiative?
- Initiative of PM Modi: The Yuva Sangam is an initiative of PM Modi to build close ties between the youth of North East Region and rest of India under the spirit of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
- Travel Across India: Over 20000 youth will travel across India and gain a unique opportunity of cross cultural learning.
- To Explore India: Embodying the philosophy of India’s rich culture, glorious history and ancient heritage, it is also an opportunity for the youth coming from the northeastern states to see, know, and understand the country and do something precious for the same.
How It Shows Spirit of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat?
- The Yuva Sangam initiative aims to build close ties between the youth of the North East Region and the rest of India under the spirit of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
- Providing a unique opportunity of cross-cultural learning, the portal intends to strengthen people-to-people connections and build empathy between the youth of the North Eastern states and other states.
About Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Aim: Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat programme aims to enhance interaction & promote mutual understanding between people of different states/UTs through the concept of state/UT pairing.
- Activities: The states carry out activities to promote a sustained and structured cultural connect in the areas of language learning, culture, traditions & music, tourism & cuisine, sports and sharing of best practices, etc.
Key Events Under Yuva Sangam Initiative
20,000 students to travel across India
- Over the next few months, more than 20,000 students will travel across India and enhance their mutual understanding.
- This wide cultural exchange program is an opportunity to also celebrate the ancient culture and natural diversity of India.
- Around 1000 youth will participate in the pilot of Yuva Sangam and out of 1000 students, 300 students will be from the North East.
Collaboration among ministries
- Ministry of Education, Government of India has conceptualized an initiative of ‘Yuva Sangam’ in collaboration with various other ministries and departments such as Culture, Tourism, Railways, Information & Broadcasting, Youth Affairs & Sports, Home Affairs, Department for Development of North-east region (DoNER) and IRCTC.
- The Yuva Sangam focuses on conducting exposure tours of the youth comprising of students and off-campus youngsters from North Eastern States to other states and vice versa.
- It provides an immersive, multidimensional experience of various facets-under four broad areas of Paryatan (Tourism), Parampara (Traditions), Pragati (Development) and Paraspar Sampark (People-to-people connect).
- In this way, this programme is intended to mainstream the vibrant culture of north-eastern states and bring immense exposure and opportunities for knowledge exchanges, especially for our youth in the north-east.
Celebrating India’s diversity
- Yuva Sangam celebrates India’s diversity, rejuvenates the spirit of oneness and highlights the strength of India’s democracy as envisioned by PM Modi.
- It is a unique initiative to further strengthen the ‘Spirit of India’ in Amrit Kaal.
To Builtd a truly Shreshtha Bharat
- The initiative of ‘Yuva Sangam’ will inculcate common spirit of understanding among thousands of youth participating in the program, which will resonate throughout the country and contribute immensely towards building a truly Shreshtha Bharat.
- The tours are being organized with an aim to promote a sense of respect towards each other’s heritage, culture, customs, and traditions to further the spirit of Shreshtha Bharat.
- Through the course of the program, students will interact with each other in the areas of language, literature, cuisine, festivals, cultural events and tourism.
- They will get a firsthand experience of living in a completely different geographical and cultural scenario.