”UPSC Prelims Bits Today” is every day published in the morning between 11:00 AM to 12:00 Noon and contains selective current affairs articles. ”UPSC Prelims Bits Today” covers various topics from UPSC Prelims Syllabus and is very helpful and time managing for UPSC Aspirants. The framing of this daily current affairs compilation article is easy to read and understandable also.
In the ”UPSC Prelims Bits Today” article, we focus on UPSC Preliminary exam-oriented current affairs covering various sections from leading National Newspapers, PIB, and other various official sources.
Vande Bharat 2
Vande Bharat 2: Why in news?
Indian Railways will be introducing the new avatar of high-speed train Vande Bharat namely Vande Bharat 2.
Vande Bharat 2: Key Features
- Vande Bharat 2 will be equipped with more advancements and improved features like 0 to 100 Kmpl speed in just 52 seconds, maximum speed up to 180 Kmph, lesser weight of 392 tons instead of 430 tons, and WI-FI content on demand.
- New Vande Bharat will also have 32-inch LCD TVs which were 24 inch in earlier versions.
- 15 percent more energy efficient ACs with dust-free clean air cooling of the traction motor will make the travel more comfortable.
- Side recliner seat facility which is being provided to Executive Class passengers will now be made available for all classes.
- In the new design of Vande Bharat Express, photo-catalytic ultraviolet air purification system is installed in the roof-mounted Roof Mounted Package Unit for air purification.
EBP (Ethanol Blending Programme)
EBP: Why in news?
- The export policy of broken rice amended in order to ensure adequate availability of broken rice for consumption by domestic poultry industry and for other animal feedstock and to produce ethanol for successful implementation of EBP (Ethanol Blending Programme).
EBP: What is it?
- Ethanol is an agro-based product, mainly produced from a by-product of the sugar industry, namely molasses.
- In years of surplus production of sugarcane, when prices are depressed, the sugar industry is unable to make timely payment of cane price to farmers. T
- he Ethanol Blending Programme (EBP) seeks to achieve blending of Ethanol with motor sprit with a view to reducing pollution, conserve foreign exchange and increase value addition in the sugar industry enabling them to clear cane price arrears of farmers.
- The Central Government has scaled up blending targets from 5% to 10% under the Ethanol Blending Programme (EBP).
Gogra-Hotsprings : Why in news?
India, China troops begin disengagement from Gogra-Hotsprings in Ladakh.
Gogra-Hotsprings : Key Points
- After Chinese troops’ incursion in eastern Ladakh in 2020, Patrolling Point 15 (PP15) in Hot Springs and PP17A near Gogra Post were among the four friction points between the two armies, the other two being PP14 in Galwan Valley and the north bank of Pangong Tso.
- The disengagement from Gogra-Hotsprings area comes a week before the annual summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) in Uzbekistan.
Significance of disengagement from Gogra-Hotsprings
- The regions, PP15 and PP17A, are located in an area where India and China largely agree on the LAC alignment.
- After the 2020 ingress, there was a significant build-up of the Chinese troops and deployment of heavy weapons in Hotsprings-Gogra region