”UPSC Prelims Bits For Today” is every day published in the morning between 11:00 AM to 12:00 Noon and contains selective current affairs articles. ”UPSC Prelims Bits For Today” covers various topics from UPSC Prelims Syllabus and is very helpful and time managing for UPSC Aspirants. The framing of this daily current affairs compilation article is easy to read and understandable also.
In the ”UPSC Prelims Bits For Today” article, we focus on UPSC Preliminary exam-oriented current affairs covering various sections from leading National Newspapers, PIB, and other various official sources.
Prevention and Treatment Options Against Monkeypox
Do we have specific treatment options against monkeypox?
There are no specific treatments available for monkeypox. Clinical management of monkeypox includes relieving symptoms and managing complications and preventing long-term effects. It is also not currently understood if a previous monkeypox infection lends protective immunity against future infections.
Would antiviral available for Small Pox prevention help?
- Due to the genetic similarities of smallpox and monkeypox viruses, vaccines and antiviral agents used for the worldwide eradication of smallpox can also protect against monkeypox.
- The WHO reports that vaccination against smallpox is approximately 85% effective in preventing monkeypox and thus prior immunisation against smallpox may lead to mild disease.
- Although the original smallpox vaccines are not available to the general public, newer vaccines have been developed of which one was approved in 2019 for monkeypox prevention.
- Studies are now being conducted to understand the effectiveness and feasibility of vaccination in preventing monkeypox.
What is India’s Sports Code?
India’s Sports Code: In News
- FIFA would ban AIFF if the amendments to the AIFF’s new constitution and elections to the national football body were not completed by the given deadlines.
India’s Sports Code
- The Sports Code, or National Sports Development Code of India to be precise, was introduced in 2011 by the Central government, which wanted good governance practices in the management of sports at the national level without interfering in the autonomy of the national sports bodies.
- It was widely accepted that such a sports code was needed as it was felt that most of the sports federations had become personal fiefdoms of certain individuals — many of them politicians — as they continued to remain in power for long periods.
- If a body is found to be violative of the sports code, it can be put under a Committee of Administrators (CoA).
- The National Sports Code laid down restrictions regarding age and tenure.
Russia-Ukraine Grain Deal
Russia-Ukraine Grain Deal: Why in the News?
- Ukraine and Russia have signed “mirror” deals which will allow Kyiv to resume exports of grain through the Black Sea.
- Both sides attended the signing ceremony in Istanbul but did not sit at the same table.
Russia-Ukraine Grain Deal: What will change?
- The agreement will allow millions of tonnes of grain, currently trapped in Ukraine by the war, to be exported.
- The world shortage of Ukrainian grain since Russia’s 24 February invasion has left millions at risk of hunger.
- The deal – which took two months to reach – is set to last for 120 days, with a co-ordination and monitoring centre to be established in Istanbul, staffed by UN, Turkish, Russian and Ukrainian officials.
- It can be renewed if both parties agree.
- IN-SPACe is a single window agency under the Department of Space to promote, handhold and authorize the activities of the private sector in the space domain.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) was in the process of developing indigenous capabilities towards space tourism through the demonstration of human space flight capability to Low Earth Orbit(LEO).
- Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Centre (IN-SPACe) is seeking to promote active participation of the private sector in carrying out end-to-end space activities, which also includes space tourism.
- The Department of Space was in the process of drafting a comprehensive, integrated space policy, which shall provide direction to the activities of the private Indian space industry.