UPSC Topper Interview 2023
Ishita Kishore, the UPSC Topper of 2023, was interviewed by Sansad Television on June 3, 2023. In the interview, she shared her insights on the UPSC preparation process, her interview experience, and her advice for future aspirants.
On the UPSC preparation process
Ishita Kishore stressed the importance of hard work, discipline, dedication, and sincerity in the UPSC preparation process. She also advised aspirants to focus on understanding the concepts and not just memorizing facts.
On Her Interview Experience
Ishita Kishore described her interview experience as “positive and challenging.” She said that the board members asked her a variety of questions, including questions about her hobbies, interests, and current affairs. She also said that the board members were very supportive and encouraging. Ishita Kishore’s advice to future aspirants is to “stay focused and motivated.” She also advised them to make sure that they have a good understanding of the syllabus and current affairs.
Here are some of the key takeaways from Ishita Kishore’s interview:
- Hard work, discipline, dedication, and sincerity are essential for success in the UPSC exam.
- Focus on understanding the concepts and not just memorizing facts.
- Be well-prepared for the interview and be able to answer a variety of questions.
- Stay focused and motivated throughout the preparation process.
Preparation Strategy for UPSC IAS Interview
Here are the top ten UPSC interview preparation tips recommended by our PDP mentors and past toppers:
- Familiarize Yourself with Your DAF: Ensure you thoroughly understand the details you’ve provided in your Detailed Application Form (DAF), from personal information to hometown specifics. Expect questions related to your DAF and prepare concise responses.
- Stay Informed About Current Affairs: Stay updated on current events, particularly those from the past three months, so you can confidently address questions about contemporary topics. Exhibit a positive attitude when discussing these matters.
- Handle Situational Questions Skillfully: Know the legal powers and responsibilities of an IAS/IPS/IFS officer. Respond to situational questions within the framework of your role’s constitutional authority.
- Address Behavioral Questions with Confidence: Maintain composure when answering behavioral questions, and if you don’t know an answer, don’t hesitate to admit it and express your willingness to learn more.
- Choose Your Words Carefully: Your articulation and word choice matter significantly in interviews. Strive to express your thoughts clearly and effectively.
- Be Honest: Never fabricate information in your answers; honesty is paramount in interviews. Panelists can often detect falsehoods.
- Practice with Mock Interviews: Conduct mock interviews with mentors and peers to identify and rectify mistakes, ensuring you’re well-prepared for the actual interview.
- Dress Professionally: Dress in formal attire for a polished appearance. Men can opt for a light-colored shirt and dark trousers, while women can choose simple churidars or sarees.
- Verify Documents: Perform a thorough document check well in advance to prevent last-minute chaos. Organize all necessary documents in one file.
- Prioritize Rest: Avoid excessive stress the night before the interview by getting a good night’s sleep. Overthinking can hamper your performance, so ensure you’re well-rested and ready to face the interview with confidence.
UPSC Topper Interview Questions
UPSC Topper Interview Questions are designed to assess a candidate’s personality, knowledge, and suitability for the civil service. The questions can be broadly divided into the following categories:
- Personal questions: These questions are asked to get to know the candidate better and to assess their personality traits such as honesty, integrity, empathy, and communication skills.
- Knowledge-based questions: These questions are asked to test the candidate’s knowledge of the syllabus, current affairs, and general topics.
- Problem-solving questions: These questions are asked to assess the candidate’s ability to think critically and solve problems.
Here are some examples of UPSC Topper Interview Questions:
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why do you want to become a civil servant?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- What are your career goals?
- What is your opinion on the current state of the economy?
- What are the challenges facing India today?
- What is your solution to the problem of corruption?
- What is your view on the role of women in society?
- How would you handle a difficult situation at work?
- What is your favorite book/movie/TV show?
- What is your favorite quote?
The UPSC Topper Interview is a challenging one, but it is also an opportunity for candidates to showcase their skills and talents. By being well-prepared and answering the questions honestly and confidently, candidates can increase their chances of success.
UPSC Topper Interview Marks
The UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) Topper Interview Marks refer to the scores obtained by candidates who have successfully cleared the UPSC Civil Services Examination’s interview round, which is also known as the Personality Test or Interview Stage. The UPSC Topper Interview Marks are very important in the UPSC Civil Services Examination.
The interview carries a total of 275 marks, which is 25% of the total marks for the examination. These marks are crucial in determining a candidate’s final ranking in the prestigious civil services examination, which includes various services such as Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), and several others.
|IAS Salary||UPSC Syllabus|