UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022- Key Details
UPSC CSE 2022: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the UPSC IAS notification 2022 for the UPSC Civil Services Prelims Exam 2022 today i.e., on 02 Feb 2022. For this, the application process has also started from today. Interested and eligible candidates who want to apply for UPSC Civil Services Prelims Exam 2022 can apply by visiting the official website of UPSC.
Aiming for UPSC Prelims 2022? Get the best test series for sure selection: Click Here
UPSC IAS Recruitment 2022 Notification
Also, you can see the official UPSC CSE 2022 Notifications through this link . The last date to apply for this exam is till 6 pm on 22nd February 2022. UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2022 will be held on 5 June 2022.
in this article, we will discuss the UPSC CSE Eligibility Criteria provided in the UPSC CSE 2022 Notification. Candidates must understand the UPSC IAS eligibility criteria in detail before applying for the UPSC CSE 2022.
UPSC CSE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates planning to appear in the UPSC 2022 Exam need to read the UPSC CSE Exam 2022 detailed eligibility criteria before applying for the UPSC 2022 exam. We have here discussed the UPSC Detailed Eligibility criteria along with the educational criteria for appearing in the UPSC CSE 2022 Exam.
Following are the Eligibility Conditions for the UPSC CSE exam 2022-
- For the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), the Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and the Indian Police Service (IPS)–
- A candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For other services, a candidate must be either-
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Note: Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
UPSC Age Limit
- For General Category: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2022.
- It means, the candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1990 and not later than 1st August, 2001.
- UPSC CSE 2022 Age Relaxation:
- SC and ST: Upto Five Years
- Eligible OBCs: Upto Three Years
- For Disable (sustained in a conflict) Defense Personnel released due to such disability: Upto three years
- Ex-servicemen having at least five years of Military Service: Upto five years
Date of Birth:
- The date of birth, accepted by the UPSC is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or
- In a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or
- In an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by an University which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or
- In the Higher Secondary examination certificate or
- An equivalent examination certificate.
- A Graduate Degree from a recognized university or an Equivalent Qualification
Number of Attempts:
Every candidate appearing at the examination, who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted six (6) attempts at the UPSC CSE. Category-wise attempt relaxation are listed below-
|Category of the Candidate|
|Unlimited||09||– 09 for GL/EWS/OBC
– Unlimited for SC/ST
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022 Notification: Other Key Details about UPSC 2022 Exam
UPSC CSE Prelims registration 2022: Important Dates
|Notification released||2nd February 2022|
|Online Registration begins||2nd February 2022|
|Last date for applying||22nd February 2021|
|UPSC CSE Prelims 2022 Exam||5 June 2021|
|UPSC CSE Prelims 2022 Result||July 2021 (Tentative)|
|UPSC Exam Date 2022- CSE Mains Exam||16 Sep 2022|
|UPSC CSE Mains 2022 result||December 2022 (Tentative)|
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022 Notification: UPSC IAS 2022 vacancy details
UPSC 2022 Vacancy Details: According to the UPSC CSE Prelims 2022 Notification, the number of UPSC prelims 2022 vacancy to be filled through the examination is 861 which include 34 vacancies reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disability Category.
|Reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disability Category||Number of Vacancies|
|Blindness and low vision;||7|
|Deaf and hard of hearing||11|
|Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism,
acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy`
|Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses||8|