UPSC Assistant Labour Commissioner (ALC) Recruitment 2021
UPSC Assistant Labour Commissioner (ALC) Exam 2021: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the notification for the recruitment of Assistant Labour Commissioner (Central)/ Assistant Welfare Commissioner (Central)/ Assistant Labour Welfare Commissioner (Central)/ Assistant Director in the Ministry of Labour & Employment. The total number of vacancies is 29, which can be increased or decreased in the future. In the previous article, we have already discussed the Eligibility Criteria for this exam. In this article, we are going to discuss the syllabus & exam pattern for this exam.
UPSC ALC 2021- Work Profile of the Assistant Labour Commissioner (ALC)
The key role and responsibilities of the Assistant Labour Commissioners (ALC) are listed below.
- Assistant Labour Commissioners have been declared inspectors under all the enactments, except Equal remuneration Act and Payment of Gratuity Act.
- Assistant Labour Commissioners (ALC) are conciliation officers under the Industrial Disputes Act.
- Assistant Labour Commissioners intervene and prevent industrial disputes and maintain harmonious Industrial Relations.
- Assistant Labour Commissioners (ALCs) are also controlling authorities under the payment of Gratuity Act, Authorities under the Equal remuneration Act and Registering and Licensing Officers under the Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act.
- The Assistant Labour Commissioners (ALCs) as Conciliation Officers intervene in the industrial disputes and maintain harmonious Industrial Relations.
- As controlling authorities under the payment of Gratuity Act, and Authorities under the Equal remuneration Act, Assistant Labour Commissioners (ALCs) decide the claim cases filed before them under these acts.
- As Registering and Licensing Officers under the Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act, Assistant Labour Commissioners (ALCs) grant licenses to the contractors and Registration certificates to the Principal Employers.
- Assistant Labour Commissioners (ALCs) are also Registering and Licensing officer under I.S (M.W) Act, Registering officer under the Building & other construction workers (RE&CS) Act inspectors under other enactment’s.
- In addition, ALCs(C) have to do verification of Trade Union Membership in the establishment wherever required (in respect of industries, which have accepted code of discipline, statutory verification in Banks and ad-hoc verification in major ports).
- The Ministry can also ask Office of the CLC(C) to conduct inquiries/investigations into complaints/representations references received from VIPs/Unions/individual workers etc.
UPSC ALC Notification 2021 – Other Key Details
UPSC ALC Syllabus wise Preparation Strategy- UPSC ALC Syllabus 2021
- UPSC Assistant Labour Commissioner (ALC) Syllabus: UPSC has not mentioned the UPSC ALC Syllabus 2021, in the official notification. Here we are providing the syllabus on the basis of the previous year’s notifications, and analysis of previous year’s papers
- The UPSC ALC syllabus of the 2017 exam of UPSC Assistant Labour Commissioner is given below:
- Labour Welfare.
- Social Work and Social Security Laws.
- Industrial Relations.
- Human Resource development.
- Principles of Natural Justice.
- Trade Union Act.
- Trade Union Movement.
- Labour Laws.
- Industrial Disputes Act, 1947.
- Payment of Wages Act, 1936.
- Minimum Wages Act, 1948.
- Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act, 1970.
- Child Labour (P & R) Act, 1986.
- Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972.
- Building & Other Construction Workers (RE & CS) Act, 1996.
- Current Events.
- Constitution of India.
- General Mental Ability.
UPSC ALC Syllabus wise Preparation Strategy
- After analysing the UPSC ALC Syllabus, we can categorize our ups calc preparation strategy into four parts.
- Labour-related topics
- This is the most important part of the syllabus and UPSC ALC aspirants must prepare this part of the syllabus comprehensively.
- We have provided you with the detailed syllabus. We have also prepared comprehensive articles on each part of the UPSC ALC syllabus, you must read them.
- Current Events
- Current events must be prepared from a point of view of various aspects of labour welfare. There are high chances that the above part of the syllabus will overlap with this part as well.
- We comprehensively cover daily current affairs in detail. Do regularly visit our website for relevant current affairs for the UPSC ALC exam 2021.
- Constitution of India
- This is covered under the polity of India. Questions from this section can be conceptual as well as factual (like articles and related provisions).
- Here, also you can expect questions to be a blend of both current affairs and static part of the polity.
- General Mental Ability
- This section will contain questions from basic mathematics, logical reasoning, data interpretation, etc. you must prepare these topics to score good marks in your UPSC ALC exam 2021.
UPSC ALC Syllabus wise Preparation Strategy: UPSC ALC exam Pattern
UPSC Assistant Labour Commissioner (ALC) Exam Pattern: Again, UPSC has not mentioned the information regarding Exam Pattern in this year’s notification. Here we are mentioning the exam pattern for the exam conducted in 2017.
|No. of Question Asked||120|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|