UNESCO India Africa Hackathon2022
UNESCO India Africa Hackathon: The India-Africa relationship in important for both India and African Countries. They both support each other on various global platforms. UNESCO India Africa Hackathon 2022 in important for UPSC Prelims 2023 and UPSC Mains Exam (International Relations- Important International Groupings and Initiatives).
UNESCO India Africa Hackathon in News
- The Vice President of India, Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar is expected to address the valedictory session of UNESCO India Africa Hackathon as a Chief Guest at Gautam Buddha University, Uttar Pradesh.
- UNESCO India Africa Hackathon was inaugurated at Gautam Buddha University with a grand opening ceremony on 22nd November, 2022.
What is the UNESCO India Africa Hackathon?
- About: The UNESCO INDIA – AFRICA Hackathon is an annual 36 hours event that aims to tackle the common challenges faced by their countries and serves as a facilitator for cultural amalgamation.
- Participation: The Annual UNESCO INDIA – AFRICA Hackathon brings together students, educators, teachers, and the research community of India and its African partners. The UNESCO India Africa Hackathon 2022 will see participation of-
- Union Education & Skill Development Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan;
- Governor of Uttar Pradesh Smt. Anandiben Patel;
- Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Shri Yogi Adityanath;
- Director General (PAX), UNESCO, Mr Firmin Edouard Matoko and
- Ministers of the 13 African Countries
Significance of India Africa Hackathon 2022
- Provide Common Platform for Innovation: The UNESCO INDIA – AFRICA Hackathon provides a suitable platform allowing young innovators to come together and find solutions for social, environmental and technical problems faced by the collaborating nations.
- Better for Start-up Ecosystem: It serves as the foundation for creating potential start-ups with the potential to transform the world.
- Unleashing Creativity: It allows the participating students to unleash their creativity and explore new technologies to solve real-world problems under the guidance of experts – thus, spearheading business innovation in the modern world.
- Strengthen India-Africa Relationship: The Hackathon also serves as a symbol of the close relations cherished by India and its African counterparts and embodies the spirit of collaboration – bringing them together to solve problems for the betterment of humankind.
How to Boost India-Africa Relations?
- Promote cooperative and collaborative mechanisms: on the lines of the proposed African-Kollam Cashew brand in other areas of the agriculture sector.
- Incentivize Indian industries: to tap into African agri-business value chains and connecting Indian technology firms and startups with partners in Africa.
- Effective Impact Assessment: of the existing capacity-building initiatives in agriculture for India to stand in good stead.
- Creating demand-led skill development program: by drawing up a Country-specific and localized curriculum.
- India should be mindful of increasing Chinese presence because Beijing’s model, if successful here, could be heralded as a replica for the larger global south.
India-Africa Relations: Conclusion
- India has consistently chosen well to underline the development partnership to be in line with African priorities. It is pertinent, therefore, that we collectively craft a unique modern partnership with Africa.
UNESCO India Africa Hackathon FAQs
- Where is UNESCO India Africa Hackathon 2022 being held?
Ans. UNESCO India Africa Hackathon 2022 is being held at Gautam Buddha University, Uttar Pradesh.
- Who was the chief guest at UNESCO India Africa Hackathon 2022 event?
Ans. The Vice President of India, Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar.
- What is the importance of UNESCO India Africa Hackathon?
Ans. UNESCO India Africa Hackathon aims to tackle the common challenges faced by their countries and serves as a facilitator for cultural amalgamation.