National Youth Festival 2022- Relevance for UPSC Exam
- GS Paper 2: Governance, Administration and Challenges- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
National Youth Festival 2022- Context
- Prime Minister of India will inaugurate the 25th National Youth Festival on 12th January, 2022 in Puducherry, via video conferencing.
- The 25th National Youth Festival is going to be held in Puducherry from 12th to 16th January 2022.
- The National Youth Festival 2022 is being organised as part of the Azadi ki Amrit Mahotsav, marking the 75th year of Independence.
National Youth Festival- Key Points
- Background: National Youth Festival started in 1995 as a major activity under the programme held by National Integration Camp (NIC).
- About: National Youth Festival is an annual gathering of the Youth of India. The National Youth Festival is observed on the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda that is 12 January.
- National Youth Festival is organized as a part of National Youth Week celebrations.
- Key Objectives: National Youth Festival is organised with the aim of propagating the concept of national integration, brotherhood, the spirit of communal harmony, courage and adventure amongst the youth.
- National Youth Festival aims to shape the minds of India’s youth and transform them into a united force for nation-building.
- National Youth Festival also aims to bring diverse cultures of India and integrate them into a united thread of ‘Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat’.
- Ministry: National Youth Festival is organized by Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, in association with one of the State Governments.
- National Youth Festival is organised in a different state each year during National Youth Week.
National Youth Festival 2022- Key Points
- About: in view of the emerging Covid situation, 25th National Youth Festival has been scheduled to be held virtually from 12 – 13 January, 2022.
- Participation: The National Youth Festival 2022 is likely to see the participation of around 7000 youths in the age group of 18 to 22 from across the country.
- The National Youth Festival 2022 will see youth representatives from every district in India
- Around 500 youths from Puducherry will also take part in the National Youth Festival 2022 event.
- National Youth Summit: it will be organized on 13 January wherein there will be panel discussions on four identified themes. Key themes will be-
- Environment, climate and SDG led growth;
- Tech, entrepreneurship and innovation;
- Indigenous and ancient wisdom; and
- National character, nation-building and homegrown.
- Key Events: During the National Youth Festival 2022 event, the Prime Minister will unveil selected essays on “Mere Sapno ka Bharat” and “Unsung Heroes of Indian Freedom Movement”.
- These essays have been selected from submissions by over 1 lakh youth on the two themes.