National Logistics Portal Marine UPSC Relevance: National Logistic Portal (marine) (NLP) is a project of national importance. National Logistics Portal Marine was recently launched. National Logistics Portal upsc is important for UPSC Prelims 2023 and UPSC Mains Exam (GS Paper 2- Government policies and programs for development of various sectors).
National Logistics Portal Marine in News
Recently, the Union Minister for Ports, Shipping and Waterways and Ayush Shri Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated The National Logistics Portal (marine) in New Delhi. Marine is a project of the Ministry of Ports Shipping Waterways and the Ministry of Commerce & Industry to optimized and more connected Indian Logistic sector.
National Logistics Portal Marine
The National Logistic Portal (marine) (NLP) is a project of national importance. NLP is a one stop marketplace where all logistic stakeholders are integrated for easier, speedier & competitive services thereby promoting trade and growth. The overarching NLP Marine Vision is to cater to various stakeholders in G2G, G2B and B2B model.
National Logistics Portal Objectives
It is an “open platform” that allows the coexistence of multiple service providers to provide EXIM-related services independently or by combining different connectivity options. National Logistics Portal India is a one-stop platform aimed-
- At connecting all the stakeholders of the logistics community using IT,
- To improve efficiency and transparency by reducing costs and time delays and achieving easier, faster, and more competitive offerings of services,
- To promote the growth of the logistics sector and thereby improve trade.
NLP Single Window Portal
NLP Marine will be a single window for all trade processes of the logistics sector spread across the country covering all modes of transport in the waterways, roadways, and airways. National Logistics Portal (NLP) will also have an E-marketplace to provide a seamless end-to-end logistic service coverage.
National Logistics Portal India Vision
National Logistics Portal India aims to reduce regulatory complexities and enhance the ease of doing business by moving towards user-friendly paperless trade. National Logistics Portal India aims-
- To make India one of the most cost effective plus competitive countries in terms of carrying international trade.
- To become a trusted network with secure data access across all stakeholders, simplifying and accelerating procedures for goods entry, exit or transit.
- To promote digital entrepreneurship by providing robust digital ecosystem on which multiple latch – on(s) can be built.
National Logistics Portal (NLP) Features
National Logistics Portal (NLP) Marine is very important initiative for the Logistic sectors of India. It has the capability to integrate with various Port Operating Systems/ Terminal Operating Systems, ICEGATE, Other regulatory agencies, and stakeholder(s) systems in the ecosystem. It has following key features-
- Single Platform to perform all core activities of the Importer / Exporter / Customs Broker / Freight Forwarder
- End-to-end functionality to perform self-clearance digitally Online transaction with custodians
- Providing a level playing field to relevant stakeholders (large & small) thus increasing the competition
- Complete domestic tracking of the shipment with notifications on each stage
- Real time information of the activities which are generally not in reach of Importer / Exporter / Customs Broker
- Enhanced transparency in Government to Business relations and Ease of doing Business
- Document Management System to store all the important documents securely on Cloud Storage
- Reduced costs and timeframes for execution of trade and logistics operations
- Paper-less transaction, for all the stakeholders along with BI reporting and data analytics.
National Logistics Portal (NLP) FAQs
1. What is National Logistics Portal (NLP) Marine?
Ans. NLP Marine is a one stop marketplace where all logistic stakeholders are integrated for easier, speedier & competitive services thereby promoting trade and growth.
2. Who is implementing the National Logistics Portal Marine India?
Ans. National Logistics Portal India is being implemented by the Ministry of Ports Shipping Waterways and the Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
3. Who will get benefited by National Logistics Portal Marine?
Ans. National Logistics Portal (NLP) Marine is very important initiative for the Logistic sectors of India. It will benefit all the stakeholders in Logistic sector.
Unified Logistics Interface Platform (ULIP)