National eVidhan Application: Relevance
- GS 2: Parliament and State legislatures—structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these.
National eVidhan Application: Context
- Recently, Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs has developed a “National eVidhan Application (NeVA)”, a Mission Mode Project for Digital Legislatures to make the functioning of all Legislative Houses in the country paperless.
National eVidhan Application: Key points
- NeVA theme: ‘One Nation – One Application’.
- NeVA is transforming all State Legislatures into ‘DIGITAL HOUSES’ so as to enable them to transact entire Government Business on digital platform including information exchange with the State Government Departments in digital mode.
- It stands for bringing far reaching transformation in the governance across the country by making the people well informed & enlighten citizens and thereby strengthening the roots of the democracy in the country.
- NeVA is not only bringing greater synergy, coordination, transparency and accountability between the Legislature and the executive in a State, but also across the States.
- Keeping in view the latest technological development in the field of ICT, maximum use of AI& IOT has been made to make NeVA a robust IT product.
- To adopt National e-Vidhan Application (NeVA), Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) have been signed with 18 States.
NeVA in states
- Bihar Legislative Council became the first House in the country to transit to NeVA platform completely on 25th Nov, 2021 and conducted Winter Session, 2021on the NeVA platform in paperless mode.
- Odisha Assembly also presented their budget 2021 in paperless mode using NeVA.
What is NeVA?
- NeVA is a Unicode compliant software having provision for easy access to various documents like List of Questions, List of Business, Reports etc. bilingually viz. English and any regional language.
- This application is spearheading the principle of ‘One Nation- One Application’ with the objective of Cloud First and Mobile First to serve Members’ FIRST.
- Technical & financial provisions have been made under NeVA for creating digital archives of entire legacy data and making it available to users including Members and citizens in easy to search mode through mobile App and website as well.
Read current affairs for UPSC