National CSR Awards 2022- Relevance for UPSC Exam
- GS Paper 3: Science and Technology- Achievements of Indians in science & technology; indigenization of technology and developing new technology.
National CSR Awards 2022 in News
- Recently, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India, announced winners and honourable mentions for National CSR Awards 2020.
- 20 award winners and 17 Honourable Mentions across the three award categories have been selected for the National CSR Awards 2020.
National CSR Awards
- About: the annual National Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Awards was constituted to recognize companies that have made positive impact on the society through their innovative & sustainable CSR initiatives.
- National CSR Awards are the apex national level recognition by the Government of India.
- Associated Ministry: The Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India instituted National CSR Awards.
- Key Objective: The CSR awards seek to infuse excellence in CSR interventions undertaken by corporates in pursuance of Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013.
- National CSR Awards Categories: Upto 20 awards and equal numbers of Honourable Mentions are conferred each year in three main categories, namely-
- Corporate Awards for Excellence in CSR,
- CSR Awards for CSR in Aspirational Districts / Difficult Terrains and
- CSR Awards for contribution in National Priority Areas.
- First National CSR Awards: First National CSR Awards were conferred on 29 October 2019 by His Excellency President of India in a ceremonial function held at the Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- There were total 19 winners and equal numbers of Honourable Mentions in different sub-categories of the award in the first cycle.
- National CSR Awards 2020 were got delayed due to COVID related lockdown and constraints.
National CSR Awards Categories
- Corporate Awards for Excellence in CSR: These are for recognition to a company based on total eligible CSR spend.
- CSR Awards for CSR in Aspirational Districts / Difficult Terrains: These are given for the recognition to a company based on their CSR efforts in Aspirational Districts, difficult terrains/ disturbed areas, challenging circumstances etc.
- CSR Awards for contribution in National Priority Areas: Awards in this category are chosen based on contribution of CSR projects in National Priority Areas.
- One Award in each of the three main categories is reserved for MSME.