National Conference of State Tourism Ministers- Relevance for UPSC Exam
- GS Paper 2: Governance, Administration and Challenges
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
National Conference of State Tourism Ministers in News
- Recently, National Conference of State Tourism Ministers 2022 was inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh.
- Himachal Pradesh government has also started the “Nai Raahein Nai Manzilein” scheme to highlight some of our lesser known tourist destinations.
National Conference of State Tourism Ministers
- About: Ministry of Tourism, Government of India is organizing National Conference of State Tourism Ministers from 18th to 20th September 2022 to discuss issues related to development of Tourism in the country.
- Venue: National Conference of State Tourism Ministers is being organized in Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh.
- Associated Ministry: National Conference of State Tourism Ministers is being organized under the Chairmanship of Shri G. Kishan Reddy, Minister of Tourism, Culture and DONER.
- Participation: The three-day National Conference of State Tourism Ministers will be attended by Central Ministers, Tourism Ministers from States and Union Territories, Governors, Administrators & Seniors Officials of the Central Government, State Governments, and Heads of the Tourism & Hospitality Associations.
- Themes: The National Conference of State Tourism Ministers is divided into thematic sessions on-
- Development of Tourism Infrastructure,
- Cultural, Spiritual & Heritage tourism,
- Tourism in the Himalayan states,
- Responsible and sustainable tourism,
- Role of digital technology for the marketing and promotion of tourism destinations,
- Emerging importance of homestays in the Indian hospitality sector,
- Ayurveda, Wellness, and Medical Value travel, and
- Forest and wildlife tourism.
Nai Raahein Nai Manzilein Scheme
- Under Nai Raahein Nai Manzilein scheme, the state govt. of HP will identify unexplored and untapped tourist destinations with an aim to diversify tourism in the state.
- Nai Raahein Nai Manzilein scheme will promote tourism in these tourist places located across the countryside particularly focusing on rural areas.
- The total budgetary allocation of Nai Rahen Nai Manzil Scheme is Rs. 50 crore.
- Under the “Nai raahein Nai Manizlein scheme in the first phase, Bir Billing in, District Kangra, Chanshal in district Shimla and Janjehli area of District Mandi are being developed from tourism point of view.