Manama Dialogue- Relevance for UPSC Exam
- GS Paper 2: International Relations- Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests.
Manama Dialogue- Context
- Recently, the US Defense Secretary told the Manama Dialogue in Bahrain’s capital that all options would be open if diplomacy fails to halt Iran’s nuclear programme.
Manama Dialogue- More about News
- At Manama Dialogue, the USA warned that it was capable of deploying “overwhelming force” in West Asia as it faced questions about its willingness to use its military power in the region.
- At Manama Dialogue, the USA was asked why Washington did not respond to last month’s drone-and-artillery attack on a base used by the U.S.-led coalition fighting the Islamic State group in Syria.
Manama Dialogue- Key Points
- Background and foundation of Manama Dialogue: Initiation of the Manama Dialogue coincided with the emergence of the Greek debt crisis in 2016.
- Manama Dialogue raised concern about the global economic recovery, served as a tool to uncover deep trends of geopolitics.
- About Manama Dialogue: The Manama Dialogue is annually held in Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Participation: Manama Dialogue sees the participation of government officials, businessmen, international figures, economists and political and strategic thinkers from Asia, Africa, North America, Latin America and Europe meet in the Bahraini capital Manama to exchange views on regional security challenges.
- Focus Area of Manama Dialogue: Latest discussions of the Manama Summit focused on-
- The impact of the economic boom of some emerging economic powers on the one hand, and
- The economic challenges facing some of the developed countries on global policies and governance systems in the world on the other.
- Other focus areas of the Manama Dialogue include studying national, regional and international means of action, reviewing the intentions of major powers and discussing how to support development despite global financial difficulties.