‘Labarthiyon Se Rubaroo’ Initiative- Relevance for UPSC Exam
- GS Paper 2: Governance, Administration and Challenges- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
‘Labarthiyon Se Rubaroo’ Initiative- Context
- Recently, Secretary, MoHUA chaired the ‘Labharthiyon Se Rubaroo’ initiative of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
- Under the ‘Labharthiyon Se Rubaroo’ initiative, virtual interaction with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) beneficiaries from Assam, Jharkhand & Kerala was held.
‘Labarthiyon Se Rubaroo’ Initiative- Key Points
- Background: ‘Labharthiyon Se Rubaroo’ initiative was launched by the Ministry in September 2021.
- This was the 22ndedition of the program hosted by the Ministry with beneficiaries of different States/UTs.
- About: ‘Labharthiyon Se Rubaroo’ initiative has been launched to monitor the progress of projects under the Mission by directly interacting with beneficiaries.
- ‘Labarthiyon Se Rubaroo’ has been planned as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- Objectives: Key objectives of the ‘Labharthiyon Se Rubaroo’ initiative are-
- To monitor the progress of the projects,
- To bring about able governance and transparency by direct interaction with the beneficiaries,
- To create a platform for officials from MoHUA and respective States/UTs to facilitate and expedite the construction of houses in their respective cities and
- To create a feeling of inclusiveness among beneficiaries.
Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav- Key Points
- About: Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav is an initiative to celebrate and commemorate 75 years of progressive India and the glorious history of its people, culture and achievements.
- Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav is an embodiment of all that is progressive about India’s socio-cultural, political, and economic identity.
- Celebrating People of India: Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav is dedicated to the people of India who have been instrumental in bringing India thus far in its evolutionary journey.
- People of India also hold within them the power and potential to enable the Prime Minister’s vision of activating India 2.0, fuelled by the spirit of Atmanirbhar Bharat.
- Beginning of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav: The official journey of “Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav” commenced on 12th March 2021 which starts a 75-week countdown to our 75th anniversary of Independence.