KPSC 2023 Check Notification, Eligibility, Exam Pattern
Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC) conducts the State Level Civil Services examinations for different posts in the state. KPSC Exam 2023 will be conducted to fill in the vacancies in Groups A, B, C, and D. The KPSC selection process generally includes three stages- Prelims, Mains and Interview though for various positions, the selection procedure varies. Candidates can get all the details regarding KPSC 2023 in this article.
KPSC Exam Date 2023
Application for KPSC Exam 2023 will be invited from April 2023 onwards on the official website. KPSC Exam 2023 will be conducted in June 2023(Tentative). Candidates can check the KPSC Exam Date 2023 along with the other important dates of the exam from the table given below.
|Application Form Release Date||April 2023|
|End Date to apply||May 2023|
|Admit Card release date||May 2023|
|Exam Date||June 2023|
|Result Release Date||July 2023|
KPSC Exam 2023 Overview
KPSC Exam 2023 will be conducted to fill in the vacancies in Groups A, B, C, and D. The KPSC selection process generally includes three stages- Prelims, Mains and Interview though for various positions, the selection procedure varies. Candidates can check the table given below to get a brief idea about KPSC 2023.
|Full-Form of the Exam||Karnataka Public Service Commission Recruitment 2023|
|Name of the Organization||Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Language||English and Kannada|
KPSC Notification 2023
The KPSC 2023 notification will be available on the organization’s official website from April 2023 onwards. Exam dates, eligibility requirements, age relaxations, the application process, exam format, and curriculum will be mentioned in KPSC Notification 2023 PDF. Candidates can check the KPSC 2023 Notification from the link given below.
KPSC 2023 Notification PDF Download! (To be active soon)
KPSC Vacancy 2023
The KPSC 2023 notification will be available on the organization’s official website from April 2023 onwards. Information regarding KPSC Vacancy 2023 will be provided in KPSC Notification 2023. Candidates can check the KPSC Vacancy 2023 from the table given below:
|Deputy Superintendent of Police, Interior Dept.||–|
|Asst. Commissioner of Commercial Taxes, Commercial Tax Dept.||–|
|Asst. Labour Commissioner, Labour Dept.||–|
|Tesildar Grade II, Revenue Dept.||–|
|Commercial Tax Officer, Commercial Tax Dept.||–|
|Asst. Superintendent, Dept. of Prisons||–|
|Deputy Superintendent of Excise, Excise Dept.||–|
|Labour Officer, Labour Dept.||–|
|Asst Director, Dept. of Tourism||–|
|Asst. Director, Dept. of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs||–|
|Asst. Director of Audit Co-operative Societies, Dept of Audit||–|
KPSC Exam Pattern 2023
KPSC Exam 2023 will be conducted in three phases:
- KPSC Main
- Interview Round
To advance to the final round of the selection process, an applicant must pass all phases of the KPSC exam pattern 2023. The prelims and the main sections are required to be qualified to reach the interview section.
KPSC Prelims Exam Pattern 2023
The KPSC Prelims exam pattern 2023 is given below:
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Questions||200 questions|
|Total Weightage||200 (2 marks each)|
|Number of Papers||2 (Paper I and Paper II)|
|Duration of each Exam||2 hours(each)|
KPSC Mains Exam Pattern 2023
The Mains exam pattern is given below:
|English||2 hours||150 (35% Qualifying Criteria)|
|Kannada||2 hours||150 (35% Qualifying Criteria)|
|Paper 1- Essay||3 hours||250|
|Paper 2- General Studies 1||3 hours||250|
|Paper 3- General Studies 2||3 hours||250|
|Paper 4- General Studies 3||3 hours||250|
|Paper 5- General Studies 4||3 hours||250|
|Paper 6- Optional Paper 1||3 hours||250|
|Paper 7- Optional Paper 2||3 hours||250|
KPSC Syllabus 2023
The Prelims Exam Syllabus for the KPSC Exam 2023 is provided in the table below:
The Mains Exam Syllabus for KPSC Exam is provided in the table below.
|Paper-3 Essay||Two essays in Kannada/ English
|Paper-4 General Studies I||
|Paper-5 General Studies II||
|Paper-6 General Studies III||
|General Studies IV.||
KPSC Eligibility Criteria 2023
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for the KPSC Exam 2023:
KPSC Educational Qualification 2023
- Candidates applying for the KPSC Recruitment Exam 2023 must have completed any degree from a recognized university or institute.
- Candidates who have written final year exams but are awaiting results are also allowed to apply for the exam. However, the selection process won’t move forward until the degree course has been successfully completed.
KPSC Nationality Criteria 2023
The candidate must be a citizen of India and a domicile of Karnataka State to be eligible to apply for the KPSC recruitment examination 2023.
KPSC Age Criteria 2023
The age range for applicants for the KPSC recruitment exam 2023 is 21 to 35. There will be some age relaxations for candidates in the reserved categories. Candidates from reserved categories may view the age relaxation in the required standards listed below:
|GN||No Relaxation||35 years|
|SC||5 years||40 years|
|ST||5 years||40 years|
|CAT-1||5 years||40 years|
|2A||3 years||38 years|
|2B||3 years||38 years|
|3A||3 years||38 years|
|3B||3 years||38 years|
|Ex-MP||No. of years in service||–|
|PH/Widow aspirant||10 years||45 years|
KPSC Application Form 2023
Candidates must complete the online application forms for the exam that will be available on the official websites. Below are the stages to filling out the KPSC application form 2023:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of KPSC: https://www.kpsc.kar.nic.in/
- Step 2: Candidates can register for KPSC recruitment 2023 by clicking the link above and providing a valid email address, mobile number, and other necessary information.
- Step 3: A registration ID and password will be provided to your email and cell number following successful registration.
- Step 4: Login and finish filling out the application form by providing the relevant personal, academic, and other information.
- Step 5: Upload the required files, including scanned signatures and photos.
- Step 6: Pay the exam fee via debit card/credit card or net banking method.
- Step 7: Recheck the application form carefully before final submission.
- Step 8: Submit the application form and get a copy of the same for future references
Documents required for KPSC Application Form 2023
Th application form would require the following information:
- Personal Information
- Academic Qualifications: High School, Intermediate and Graduation Mark Sheet
- Correspondence address
- Upload the passport size photograph and signature with prescriptive specifications
KPSC Application Fees 2023
Candidates from the general category must pay an application cost of INR 500, however, candidates from the SC/ST or OBC castes must pay INR 250, and candidates with disabilities are not required to pay any application fee at all.
KPSC Admit Card 2023
Candidates can download the admit card from the KPSC website. The steps to download the KPSC Admit Card are as follows:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of KPSC: https://www.kpsc.kar.nic.in/
- Step 2: Click on the “KPSC Recruitment Exam Admit Card” link.
- Step 3: Enter your login credentials such as your Registration ID and Password.
- Step 4: Enter the Captcha as shown on the screen
- Step 5: Click on the “Login” button and your admit card will be available on the page.
- Step 6: Check the information on the admissions card, then save it to your computer for future use.
KPSC Answer Key 2023
The KPSC answer key will be released after the KPSC exam. KPSC will release the answer key for each stage separately. First, the KPSC Prelims answer key will be declared by the authorities. The KPSC Final answer key will be displayed after the main exam.
KPSC Result 2023
KPSC results 2023 will be available on the official website. After the Interview round is over, the final merit list will be prepared. Candidates can download the KPSC result 2023 by following the steps given below:
- Step1: Visit the KPSC official website http://kpsc.kar.nic.in/
- Step2: Click on the “KPSC Recruitment Results” link
- Step3: Type in your login information, including your Registration ID and Password.
- Step4: Enter the Captcha as shown on the screen.
- Step5: Click on the “Login” button and your results will be available on the page.
KPSC Expected Cut-Off 2023
The KPSC Cutoff marks differ from time to time depending on certain factors such as:
- The number of vacancies in that particular year.
- The number of candidates applying for the examination
- The number of applicants clearing the exam.
The expected cutoff marks for the KPSC exam are tabulated below:
|Category||KPSC Expected Cut-Off|
KPSC Salary & Benefits 2023
The salaries of the various KPSC posts are based on the 7th pay commission. They are subjected to increase with yearly increments. Here is the salary for each post:
|First Division Assistant||INR 14,550 to INR 26,700|
|Second Division Assistant||INR 21,400 to INR 4,200|
|Tahsildar||INR 35,000 to INR 65,000|
|Group A Officer||INR 67,000|
|Group B Officer||INR 55,000|
|Junior Training Officer||INR 17,650 to INR 32,000|
|Civil Services||INR 52,650- INR 97,100|
|Headmaster And Teacher||INR 33,450 to INR 62,000|
|Assistant Engineer||INR 43,100 – INR 83,900|
There are several perks and benefits along with less workload. The employees enjoy retirement holidays, health insurance, maternity and paternity leave, job training, paid holidays, and professional development.
KPSC 2023 FAQs
Q. What does KPSC stands for?
Ans. KPSC stands for Kerala Public Service Commission.
Q. Is there any provision of optional papers in KPSC KAS Mains Examination?
Ans. No, KPSC KAS Mains exam has only 7 papers(2 qualifying papers+5 Compulsory) – essay/descriptive type (Earlier there were 2 optional papers which are have been scrapped now.)
Q. How old is the Current Syllabus of KPSC KAS?
Ans. The current KPSC KAS syllabus is as per the Karnataka Recruitment of Gazetted Probationers (Appointment by Competitive Examination), 9th Amendment Rules, 2011.
Q. What is the age limit for applying for KPSC KAS?
Ans. The age of the general candidate must be in the range of 21 years to 35 years.
Q. Who appoints members of KPSC?