HANSA-NG: Relevance for UPSC Exam
- GS Paper 3: Security- Role of external state and non-state actors in creating challenges to internal security; Challenges to internal security through communication networks.
HANSA-NG in News
- Recently, HANSA-NG Aircraft has successfully completed in-flight engine relight test at DRDO’s Aeronautical Test Range (ATR) facility, Challakere on 17th May, 2022.
- The in-flight engine relight test of HANSA-NG is most critical and important milestone towards certification of the aircraft by DGCA.
- Earlier, India’s first indigenous Flying Trainer HANSA-NG has successfully completed the sea level trials at Puducherry.
- The objectives of sea level trials were to evaluate handling qualities, climb / cruise performance, balked landing, structural performance including positive & negative G, power plant and other systems performance.
Key Facts about HANSA-NG
- About: HANSA-NG is India’s first indigenous and one of the most advanced flying trainer powered by Rotax Digital Control Engine.
- Design and Development: HANSA-NG has been designed and developed by CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore under the aegis of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
- Unique Features of the HANSA-NG: It has unique features like Just-In-Time Prepreg (JIPREG) Composite lightweight Airframe, Glass Cockpit, Bubble Canopy with wide panoramic view, electrically operated flaps etc.
- Importance: HANSA-NG is designed to meet the Indian flying club needs and it is an ideal aircraft for Commercial Pilot Licensing (CPL) due to its low cost and low fuel consumption.
- NAL has already received more than 80 nos. of LoIs (Letter of Intents) from various flying clubs.
- Manufacturing: Certification of HANSA-NG is likely to be completed by April, 2022 and thereafter the manufacturing will be initiated with Public / Private Industry.
- This will enhance the aerospace ecosystem under Atmanirbhar Bharat.