Ex Cobra Warrior 22- Relevance for UPSC Exam
- GS Paper 3: Security- Security challenges and their management in border areas; Various Security forces and agencies and their mandate.
Ex Cobra Warrior 22- Context
- Indian Air Force will participate in a multi-nation air exercise named ‘Ex Cobra Warrior 22’ at Waddington, the UK from 06 to 27 March 2022.
- India will be participating in the Cobra Warrior 22 exercise for the first time.
What is Ex Cobra Warrior 22?
- About: Ex Cobra Warrior 22 is the UK’s (Royal Airforce) one of the largest exercises conducted annually.
- Ex Cobra Warrior 22 will involve air-to-air operations such as aircraft interceptions and mock dogfights and simulated ground attacks.
- Mandate: Ex Cobra Warrior 22 aimed at providing operational exposure and sharing best practices amongst the participating Air Forces, thereby enhancing combat capability and forging bonds of friendship.
- Participating Countries: Ex Cobra Warrior 22 will see the participation of many countries including the United Kingdom, Sweden, Saudi Arabia and Bulgaria.
- India’s Participation: IAF Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas will participate in the exercise along with fighter aircraft of the UK and other leading Air Forces.
- This will be the first-ever outing of LCA-Tejas in the International air exercise.
- This will be a platform for LCA Tejas to demonstrate its maneuverability and operational capability.
- IAF C-17 aircraft will provide the necessary transport support for induction and de-induction.