Daily Current Affairs for UPSC 21 December
Daily Current Affairs for UPSC: Daily Current Affairs for UPSC article covers important articles of the day which is important for various competitive exams like UPSC, State PCS, SSC and various Bank Exams.
Vande Bharatam Nritya Utsav 2023
Vande Bharatam Nritya Utsav in News
- Ministry of Culture has organised two-day National Level Competition (Grand Finale) of the Vande Bharatam Nritya Utsav 2023.
Vande Bharatam Nritya Utsav Details
- About: Vande Bharatam Nritya Utsav 2023 is the dance competition event organised by the Ministry of Culture and Ministry of Defence, under the aegis of Republic Day Celebration 2023.
- The Vande Bharatam Nritya Utsav 2023 competition was held in 3 stages i.e. State-UT level, Zone level and National Level.
- Participation: 980 dancers participated in the National Level Competition (Grand Finale) and 500 dancers are selected to perform a grand cultural show during the Republic Day 2023 on the theme of ‘Nari Shakti’.
- The dancers from different states performed classical and folk dances in an enthusiastic manner.
- The dancers also performed dances from other states highlighting the spirit of Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat.
Indo-Pacific Economic Framework for Prosperity (IPEF)
Indo-Pacific Economic Framework for Prosperity (IPEF) in News
- Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution and Textiles participated in virtual Ministerial Meeting on Economic Benefits for the Indo-Pacific Economic Framework for Prosperity (IPEF).
Indo-Pacific Economic Framework for Prosperity (IPEF) Virtual Meeting
- IPEF 2023: Minister Goyal extended invitation to all partners countries for the next special negotiation round for Pillars 2-4 of IPEF to be hosted by India on 8-11 February, 2023.
- Participation: Virtual Ministerial Meeting on Indo-Pacific Economic Framework for Prosperity (IPEF) was attended by Union Commerce Minister along with U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo and other IPEF partner countries.
India at IPEF 2022 Virtual Meeting
- India can contribute towards supply chain resilience in sectors like pharmaceuticals and invited support from members in semiconductors, critical minerals and clean technologies including on innovative projects which can be promoted beyond IPEF in other developing countries.
- Indian Minister further talked about the non-paper submitted by India on some of the ideas like mobilization of financial resources for climate action at reasonable costs.
- He also drew attention of partner countries on need for measures to counter terror financing.
What is IPEF?
- It is a US-led framework for participating countries to solidify their relationships and engage in crucial economic and trade matters that concern the region, such as building resilient supply chains battered by the pandemic.
- It is not a free trade agreement. No market access or tariff reductions have been outlined, although experts say it can pave the way to trade deals.
Members of IPEF
- The member nations include Australia, Brunei, India, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
- It includes seven out of 10 members of the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN), all four Quad countries, and New Zealand.
- Together, these countries account for 40 per cent of the global GDP.
Digital India Awards 2022
Digital India Awards 2022 in News
- The Smart Cities Mission, Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs won the Platinum Icon in the Digital India Awards 2022
- India’s Smart Cities Mission won the award for their initiative “DataSmart Cities: Empowering Cities through Data” under the ‘Data Sharing and Use for Socio Economic Development’ category.
Digital India Awards 2022
- The Digital India Awards (DIA) is a prestigious National competition that seeks to encourage and honour innovative digital solutions by government entities in realising the Digital India vision.
- The category ‘Data Sharing and Use for Socio Economic Development’ emphasizes on sharing of Government Data by Ministries/Departments/Organizations, States, Cities and ULBs to create a vibrant data ecosystem in the country for analysis, decision-making, innovation, services, economic development and public good.
- The Awards instituted in 2009 are one of a kind in India for honouring the efforts of different Government entities in the digital realm.
- These are conducted by the National Informatics Centre (NIC) under the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY).
- The seventh edition of Digital India Awards (DIA) is being held in 2022.
- Digital India Awards (DIA) presents an opportunity to bring to the fore digital initiatives being adopted to transform India into a digitally empowered society & knowledge economy.
- These awards are instituted under the aegis of National Portal of India to encourage and honour innovative digital solutions by government entities at all levels.
- DIA 2022 aims to inspire and motivate not only government entities but also start-ups in fulfilling the Digital India vision.
Mission Amrit Sarovar
Mission Amrit Sarovar in News
- The Mission Amrit Sarovar had initially planned a target to construct or rejuvenate 50,000 Amrit Sarovar ponds across India till 15th August 2023.
- Now, additional 50,000 Amrit Sarovar ponds will be constructed by 15th August 2023.
Mission Amrit Sarovar 2022
- About: Mission Amrit Sarovar has been launched on 24thApril 2022 with an objective to harvest and conserve water for future generation.
- Performance: As on 14.12.2022, the construction work has been started on 53,050 sites. The sites on which construction will start soon are 38,503.
- Description: Every Amrit Sarovar will have a pondage area of 1 acre with a water holding capacity of about 10,000 cubic metre.
Mission Amrit Sarovar Funding
- There is no separate financial allocation for Mission Amrit Sarovar.
- The Mission Amrit Sarovar works through the States and Districts with convergence from various ongoing schemes such as-
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (Mahatma Gandhi NREGS),
- 15th Finance Commission Grants,
- Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sichayi Yojna sub schemes such as Watershed Development Component, Har Khet ko Pani, besides States’ own scheme.
- Public contribution like crowd funding and Corporate Social Responsibility is also allowed for the work.
Daily Current Affairs for UPSC 19 December | Prelims Bits