Read today’s important Daily Current Affairs Bits For UPSC Prelims Examination 2023. Today i.e on 19th November 2022, we are covering some important UPSC Prelims Bits like , The Draft Digital Personal Data Protection Bill 2022, No Money for Terror Meet 2022, Google’s 1000 Language AI Model etc.
The Draft Digital Personal Data Protection Bill 2022
Why is the Draft Digital Personal Data Protection Bill 2022 in News?
- The government has released the first draft of the Digital Personal Data Protection Bill for public consultation, asking stakeholders to submit their views on it by December 17.
Background of Draft Digital Personal Data Protection Bill
- The government withdrew the draft Personal Data Protection Bill in August this year after working on it for five years.
What is the Principle on which Digital Personal Data Protection Bill 2022 is based?
- Digital Personal Data Protection Bill 2022 is based on the principles around the Data Economy.
- These principles are claimed to have been used as the basis for personal data protection laws in various jurisdictions.
No Money for Terror Meet 2022
Why No Money for Terror Meet in News?
- Third ‘No Money for Terror’ Ministerial Conference on Counter-Terrorism Financing is being held in Delhi.
Key points about ‘No Money for Terror’ Ministerial Conference
- The two-day No Money for Terror conference on 18th-19th November has offered a unique platform for participating nations and organisations to deliberate on the effectiveness of the current international regime on Counter Terrorism Financing and the steps required to address emerging challenges.
- The conference is being held to build on gains and learnings of the previous two conferences (held in Paris in April 2018 and in Melbourne in November 2019) and work towards enhancing global cooperation to deny finances to terrorists and access to permissive jurisdictions to operate.
- It is attended by about 450 delegates from across the world, including Ministers, Heads of Multilateral organisations and Financial Action Task Force (FATF) Heads of Delegations.
- During the Conference, deliberations will be held in four sessions which will focus on ‘Global Trends in Terrorism and Terrorist Financing’, ‘Use of Formal and Informal Channels of Funds for Terrorism’, ‘Emerging Technologies and Terrorist Financing’ and ‘International Co-operation to Address Challenges in Combating Terrorist Financing’.
What is Google’s 1000 Language AI Model?
Why is Google’s 1000 Language AI Model in news?
- Google is developing a model that can support the 1,000 most spoken languages of the world.
- The company claimed this model had the “largest language coverage” among existing speech models.
What is google’s plan through its 1000 Language AI Model?
- Google’s plan is to build one gigantic model for the 1,000 languages so that both widely used and rarer languages can co-exist, interact, and grow together.
- Google doesn’t have a specific use case for the language model.
- However, the end goal is to enable Google users to experience better searches, more accurate auto-generated captions, natural online translation, and faster calculations.
- The project is under development and researchers are now collecting linguistic data to train the model.
What are AI language models?
- Through AI language models, companies aim to automate manual processes, generate new insights based on existing data, and reduce reliance on human labour in fields like translation, customer service, or computation. For instance, website chatbots etc.
Q. What is the last date to submit general public’s view on Draft Digital Personal Data Protection Bill 2022?
Ans. Stakeholders can submit their views on Draft Digital Personal Data Protection Bill 2022 by December 17.
Q. What is Google’s 1000 Language AI Model?
Google is developing a model that can support the 1,000 most spoken languages of the world.
Q. 3rd No Money for Terror’ Ministerial Conference on Counter-Terrorism Financing was held in which Indian city?
Ans. This year No Money for Terror’ Ministerial Conference was held in New Delhi from 18-19 November.
Daily Current Affairs: 15th November 2022 | UPSC Prelims Bits