ASEEM Portal- Relevance for UPSC Exam
- GS Paper 2: Governance, Administration and Challenges- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
ASEEM Portal- Context
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has launched the Aatmanirbhar Skilled Employees Employer Mapping (ASEEM) portal, which acts as a directory of the skilled workforce.
ASEEM Portal- Key Points
- About: The ASEEM Portal provides a platform that acts as a bridge for both employees and employers. The ASEEM Portal seeks to help skilled people find sustainable livelihood opportunities.
- Objective: The key objective of the ASEEM Portal is to provide a platform that matches the supply of skilled workforce with the market demand.
- ASEEM Portal will facilitate better livelihood opportunities for youth and the availability of ready skilled manpower to employers.
- Implementing Agency: ASEEM Portal is being managed by the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) under the aegis of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) is also responsible for managing and maintaining all the data in order to maintain data sanity and data security.
- Performance of ASEEM Portal:
- By end of July 2021, around 1.3 crore candidates were registered on the ASEEM portal which included directly registered candidates and the candidates registered on Skill India Portal (SIP).
- Also, at present, there is around 10 lakh migrant data/profiles are available on ASEEM.
Artificial Intelligence: Need and Challenges
ASEEM Portal: AI-driven interfaces for stakeholder interactions
ASEEM as such consists of three IT-based AI (artificial intelligence) driven interfaces for stakeholder interactions:
- For Employees: A job application for individuals with access to hyper-local jobs using machine learning and automated match based on persona.
- For Employers: A demand and campaign management system for employers to forecast the current and future demand.
- Dashboard for Policy Makers: A management dashboard for analytics and insights. This could also be used for future decision-making.
Ease of Doing Business (EoDB) for Aatmanirbhar Bharat- Five Structural Reforms for EoDB