UPSC Selection Process 2023: Aspirants must have knowledge about the UPSC Selection Process 2023 as UPSC Notification 2023 has been released on 1st February 2023. UPSC Application form 2023 was available on the official website from 1st February 2023. According to the official notification, the last date for filling the UPSC Application form was 21st February 2023.
Check: UPSC Online Application Link Active
UPSC Selection Process 2023
Candidates must be curious to know about UPSC Selection Process 2023. UPSC Notification 2023 was released on 1st February 2023. UPSC Exam 2023 will be held in 3 stages i.e. Prelims, Mains and interview. UPSC Prelims will open the door to sit for UPSC Mains which along with the UPSC Interview will help in preparing the UPSC Final Merit list 2023. The detailed UPSC selection process 2023 has been discussed in this article.
Check: UPSC Eligibility Criteria 2023
UPSC CSE Exam Pattern 2023
UPSC Civil Services Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year. The candidates should go through the UPSC Exam pattern 2023 details as it is an important part of the exam preparation. Getting a good idea about the UPSC Exam pattern will surely help candidates in getting an insight about the demands of the UPSC CSE Exam. Candidates can check the detailed exam pattern in this section.
UPSC CSE is conducted in three stages:
- Preliminary Examination (Prelims Exam)
- Main Examination (Mains Exam)
- Personality Test (Interview Round)
- The preliminary examination is an objective type screening test.
- Candidates gets to write the UPSC CSE Mains exam which consists of 9 papers i.e., Essay paper, English, General Studies, and Optional Subject papers after clearing the UPSC CSE Preliminary exam.
- UPSC CSE Mains examination is subjective in nature.
- The interview or personality test is the last stage of the UPSC CSE exam.
UPSC Interview 2023
Candidates after clearing UPSC Mains are called for the Interview. Marks of UPSC Mains and UPSC Interview will be counted together to prepare the UPSC Final Merit List 2023. Candidates after clearing UPSC Interview will be allotted the departments based on their rankings.
Check: UPSC Notification 2023
General Tips for UPSC Exam 2023
Revision is very crucial. Confidence is good but overconfidence is dangerous. After preparing all the concepts, revise them carefully once again. Revise weak topics twice before the exam.
• Revise whatever you study
• Make short notes so that they can be helpful in quick revision.
• Divide your strong, weak, and moderate sections and work on them accordingly.
Aspirants need to make a check about accuracy because accuracy boosts the scores.
• If do not know the answer then quit that question.
• Try to solve accurately.
• Full concentration is needed to make your attempts accurate.
3. Time Management
Time management is very crucial. Do not waste your crucial time on one lengthy question. If you know that question would take your time then it is advisable to leave that question and move to the next question. Try to attempt lengthy questions at the last.
• Full mocks are helpful.
• Manage your time.
• Skip those questions which are time-consuming and lengthy.
• Concentrate on every question.
Speed is very important to attempt the exam on time. Both speed and accuracy are crucial. So try to work on speed.
• Practice makes the speed
• Attempt more and more questions to enhance your speed.
• Practice daily.
• Try to work on mind calculations because it saves time.
6. Attempt Mock And Previous Year’s Papers
“Practice makes the man perfect”. Attempt mocks and solves previous year’s papers. To boost your speed, accuracy, and knowledge.
• Previous year papers and Mocks are very helpful.
• It is helpful to diagnose your level of preparation.
• Check your mistakes and work on them to improve them.
A positive attitude keeps you confident during preparations and you do not waste time with unnecessary thoughts regarding the outcome of exams. Take good care of your health, because a fit body hosts a healthy mind. We hope that this will help you in sailing through UPSC Exam 2023.