”UPSC Prelims Bits For Today” is every day published in the morning between 11:00 AM to 12:00 Noon and contains selective current affairs articles. ”UPSC Prelims Bits For Today” covers various topics from UPSC Prelims Syllabus and is very helpful and time managing for UPSC Aspirants. The framing of this daily current affairs compilation article is easy to read and understandable also.
In the ”UPSC Prelims Bits For Today” article, we focus on UPSC Preliminary exam-oriented current affairs covering various sections from leading National Newspapers, PIB, and other various official sources.
Joint Rivers Commission of India and Bangladesh
Why in news?
- The 38th Meeting of Ministerial level Joint Rivers Commission of India and Bangladesh was held in New Delhi on 25th August 2022.
- During this meeting, it has been agreed to widen the area of ongoing cooperation by including 8 more rivers for data exchange.
Know about Joint Rivers Commission of India and Bangladesh
- The Joint Rivers Commission of India and Bangladesh was constituted in the year 1972 as a bilateral mechanism to address issues of mutual interest on common / border / transboundary rivers.
- One of the important areas of cooperation, where India has been assisting Bangladesh, is sharing of real time flood data. India has recently extended the period of flood data sharing beyond 15th October to help Bangladesh address unforeseen flood events.
- India and Bangladesh share 54 rivers, of which 7 rivers have been identified earlier for developing framework of water sharing agreements on priority.
Smart India Hackathon 2022
Why in news?
PM recently addressed the Grand Finale of Smart India Hackathon 2022.
Know about ”Smart India Hackathon”
- Smart India Hackathon is a nationwide initiative to provide students with a platform to solve some of the pressing problems we face in our daily lives, and thus inculcate a culture of product innovation and a mindset of problem-solving.
- The first four editions SIH2017, SIH2018, SIH2019 and SIH2020 proved to be extremely successful in promoting innovation out-of-the-box thinking in young minds, especially engineering students from across India.
- SIH 2022 brings the next generation evolution by inclusion of new methodology to inculcate the culture of startup and innovation ecosystem across different age groups.
49th Chief Justice of India
Why in news?
- Justice Uday Umesh Lalit will be sworn-in as 49th Chief Justice of India today.
- President Draupadi Murmu will administer him oath as the 49th Chief Justice of India at Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- He succeeds Justice NV Ramana, who retired yesterday.
- Justice UU Lalit will be in office for 74 days, a tenure shorter than average.
- Justice Lalit was involved in some landmark judgements in past and will also handle some major cases in his tenure as Chief Justice.
- In past, he was involved in the landmark judgement in the Triple Talaq case.
- Justice UU Lalit studied at the Government Law College, Mumbai, and specialised in criminal law. He practised in the Bombay High Court till 1985 and moved to Delhi in 1986.
Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs)
Why in news?
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and NITI Aayog will establishing more than 500 Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs) in Jammu and Kashmir to nurture an innovative mind-set among high school students.
Know about Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs)
- With a vision to ‘Cultivate one Million children in India as Neoteric Innovators’, Atal Innovation Mission is establishing Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATLs) in schools across India.
- The objective of this scheme is to foster curiosity, creativity, and imagination in young minds; and inculcate skills such as design mindset, computational thinking, adaptive learning, physical computing etc.
- ATL is a workspace where young minds can give shape to their ideas through hands on do-it-yourself mode; and learn innovation skills.
- Young children will get a chance to work with tools and equipment to understand the concepts of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).