NEAT Scheme- Relevance for UPSC Exam
- GS Paper 2: Governance, Administration and Challenges- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health; Education; and Human Resources.
NEAT Scheme- Context
- Recently, Union Education Minister launched NEAT 3.0 (National Educational Alliance for Technology) and AICTE prescribed technical books in regional languages.
NEAT 3.0- Key Points
- About: NEAT 3.0 is a single platform to provide the best-developed ed-tech solutions and courses to students of the country.
- Benefits: Under the NEAT 3.0 scheme, 12 Lakh NEAT ed-tech free course coupons worth Rs 253.72 crore were distributed to socially disadvantaged groups.
NEAT Scheme- Key Points
- About: National Educational Alliance for Technology (NEAT) is an initiative to provide the use of best-developed technological solutions in the education sector.
- NEAT solutions use Artificial Intelligence for a personalized and customized learning experience for better learning outcomes and skill development in the niche areas.
- Mandate: NEAT Scheme aims to enhance the employability of the youth on a single platform for learners’ convenience.
- Implementing Agency: All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Education is acting as the facilitator in the process of implementing the NEAT scheme.
- AICTE is responsible for ensuring that the solutions are freely available to a large number of socially and economically backward students.
- EdTech companies would be responsible for developing solutions and managing the registration of learners through the NEAT portal.
- Stakeholders: NEAT aims to create a National Alliance with such technology developing EdTech Companies through a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model.
- NEAT has 58 Education Technology Companies with 100 products that help to develop employable skills, capacity building, and bridge learning gaps.
NEAT Scheme- Key Significance
- Bridging Digital divide: NEAT will be a game-changer in bridging the digital divide and fulfilling the knowledge-based requirement of the world.
- NEAT will bridge the digital divide, especially among the economically disadvantaged students and also in fulfilling the knowledge-based requirement of India and the world.
- Promoting 21st Century employability: NEAT to be integrated with skill India, to tap opportunities in emerging 21st-century skills to boost employability and prepare our youth for the future.