Madhavpur Mela- Relevance for UPSC Exam
- GS Paper 1: Indian History- Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
Madhavpur Ghed Mela in News
- Recently, the President of India inaugurated the five-day long Madhavpur Ghed Fair at Madhavpur Ghed, Porbandar in Gujarat.
- The Prime Minister of India has shared a clip from Mann Ki Baat where he elaborated on the Madhavpur Mela as a unique celebration of India’s cultural diversity and vibrancy.
Key Facts about Madhavpur Mela
- About: Madhavpur Mela (Madhavpur Ghed Mela) is being organizing since 2018 every year to celebrate the sacred union of Lord Krishna and Rukmini.
- Organizing Ministry: Madhavpur Ghed Mela is being organized by the Government of Gujarat in association with the Ministry of Culture
- Significance of the Place: The Madhavpur Ghed fair organized in the village associated with the life of Shri Krishna and near Porbandar, the birth place of Bapu.
- Extension of the Mela: Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region is also associated in organizing the fair on a larger scale this year.
- Many cultural festivals are being organized in the northeastern states on the same day.
- Madhavpur festival of connecting the people of the entire country on an emotional level is being celebrated along with the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- Through such events, people, especially the young generation gets a chance to gain knowledge about our heritage, culture, art, handicrafts and traditional cuisine.
- Events like Madhavpur Mela also encourage tourism.
Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav- Key Points
- About: Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav is an initiative to celebrate and commemorate 75 years of progressive India and the glorious history of its people, culture and achievements.
- Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav is an embodiment of all that is progressive about India’s socio-cultural, political, and economic identity.
- Celebrating People of India: Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav is dedicated to the people of India who have been instrumental in bringing India thus far in its evolutionary journey.
- The people of India also hold within them the power and potential to enable the Prime Minister’s vision of activating India 2.0, fuelled by the spirit of Atmanirbhar Bharat.
- Beginning of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav: The official journey of “Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav” commenced on 12th March 2021 which starts a 75-week countdown to our 75th anniversary of Independence.