Hunar Haat Scheme- Relevance for UPSC Exam
- GS Paper 2: Governance, Administration and Challenges- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes.
Hunar Haat Scheme- Context
- Recently, the government informed that the next “Hunar Haat” will be organized in Rampur, Uttar Pradesh, from 16th to 25th October, 2021.
Hunar Haat Scheme- 2021
- This year’s Hunar Haat will be organized across the country as a part of series of 75 “Hunar Haat”
- It will be organized under “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav” to celebrate 75 years of India’s Independence.
- Artisans and craftsmen from more than 30 States and Union Territories will participate and bring their indigenous exquisite handmade products for sale and display at the “Hunar Haat”.
- “Vishwakarma Vatika”: It will be organized across the country where artisans and craftsmen will display live, how these traditional indigenous products are made.
- Theme: besides “Vocal for Local”, the upcoming “Hunar Haat” will also be based on the theme of “Best from Waste”.
- Exquisite products made from used and discarded items in households such as plastic, paper, ply, wood, glass, ceramic, etc. will be available in the “Hunar Haat”.
Hunar Haat Scheme- Key Points
- About Hunar Haat: Hunar Haat is an event organized in different parts of the country for the exhibition of handicrafts and traditional products made by artisans from minority communities.
- Parent Ministry: Hunar Haats are organized by the Ministry of Minority Affairs under USTTAD (Upgrading the Skills & Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development) scheme.
- Key Objectives:
- To provide market exposure and employment opportunities to artisans, craftsmen and traditional culinary experts.
- To promote skill development of craftsmen, weavers and artisans who are already engaged in the traditional ancestral work.
Hunar Haat Scheme- Associated Benefits
- Hunar Haat has become a “credible platform” to strengthen the initiative of “Swadeshi-Swavlamban” and “Vocal for Local”.
- Hunar Haat also helps in providing market to indigenous products of traditional artisans and craftsmen.
- During the last about 7 years, more than 5 lakh 50 thousand artisans, craftsmen and people associated with them have been provided employment and employment opportunities through “Hunar Haat”.