DIKSHA for Children with Disabilities- Relevance for UPSC Exam
- GS Paper 2: Governance, Administration and Challenges– Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes.
DIKSHA for Children with Disabilities- Context
- DIKSHA complies with World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 level AA.
- This enables people with visual impairments to access the website using assistive technologies, such as screen readers.
DIKSHA for Children with Disabilities- Key Steps taken by Government
- Special e-content for visually and hearing impaired developed on Digitally Accessible Information System (DAISY) and in sign language on NIOS website/ YouTube.
- In all 767 textbooks-based, ISL videos have been recorded. Out of these 510 textbooks based on ISL videos are uploaded on DIKSHA.
- The 10,000 words ISL dictionary has been uploaded on DIKSHA.
- 3,142 audiobooks chapters are also uploaded on DIKSHA.
DIKSHA (Digital Infrastructure for Knowledge Sharing)- Key Points
- About: DIKSHA serves as the National Teacher Platform, to be used by teachers and students across the nation to provide school education through distance mode.
- DIKSHA Full form: DIKSHA stands for Digital Infrastructure for Knowledge Sharing.
- Key Objective: DIKSHA is the platform for providing quality e-content for school education in States/UTs and QR-coded Energized Textbooks for all grades (one nation, one digital platform).
- Implementing Ministry: DIKSHA Platform was launched and being implemented by the National Council for Education Research and Training (NCERT) and the Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD).
- Accessibility: DIKSHA Portal can be accessed by Teachers and Students alike. DIKSHA Portal is accessible in more than eighteen languages, ensuring easy access to educational content to students.
DIKSHA Portal: Key Features
- QR code-based access: NCERT books are available in QR code which can be downloaded by scanning it. After scanning the QR code, the DIKSHA portal will also provide suggestions and topics for learning.
- Location-Based Knowledge: DIKSHA Portal also shows the courses that are going on in your region after you provide your location on the DIKSHA Portal.
- Class-Based Study Materials: DIKSHA portal provides class-based material to a student. A student has to click on the needed study material and enter the SUBMIT button.