Banda Singh Bahadur
National Monuments Authority(NMA) released ‘Banda Singh Bahadur Martyrdom Monument Poster’, ahead of his 306th Martyrdom Day on 9th June in New Delhi.
About Baba Banda Singh Bahadur
- He was a great warrior to defend India and defeat the Mughals.
- His original name was Baba Madhav Das and he was a Bairagi Sadhu.
- Baba Banda Singh Bahadur aimed at the National awakening and Liberation of the country from the oppressive rule of the Mughals.
- Though Independence came to India much later, it was Baba Banda Singh Bahadur who first taught the Indians to fight, conquer and establish their independent rule.
- Baba Banda Singh Bahadur and his son Ajai Singh were martyred on 9 June, 1716 A.D. along with his other 18 companions near a gate en-route the tomb of so-called Sufi saint Qutub-ud-din Bakhtiar kaki at Mehrauli.
- The butchers first killed his son Ajai Singh in his lap. But Banda Bahadur remained unmoved and sat in a composed state. After that Baba Banda Singh Bahadur’s cruelly martyred.
- His glorious martyrdom validates Bhagat Kabir’s rendition in Guru Granth Sahib.
‘eSanjeevani’, Govt. of India’s free Telemedicine service integrated with NHA’s Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM).
- The National Health Authority (NHA) announces the successful integration of eSanjeevani with its flagship scheme – Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM).
- This integration allows the existing users of eSanjeevani, the telemedicine service of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) to easily create their Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA) and use it to link and manage their existing health records like prescriptions, lab reports, etc.
- The users would also be able to share their health records with doctors on eSanjeevani which will help in better clinical decision making and ensuring the continuum of care.
- ABDM aims to build digital highways to bridge the gaps in existing digital health solutions and stakeholders in India. The integration of eSanjeevani with ABDM is one such example where the 22 crore ABHA holders can link and store their health records created via eSanjeevani directly in the health lockers of their choice.
- The users can also share their previously linked health records with the doctors on eSanjeevani making the entire consultation process paper-less.
- Two Variants:
- eSanjeevani service is available in two variants. The first one is eSanjeevani Ayushman Bharat-Health and Wellness Centre (AB-HWC) – the Doctor-to-Doctor telemedicine service through which the beneficiaries visiting a HWC can virtually connect to doctors/ specialists in the Hub that could be at tertiary healthcare facility/hospital/medical college. This enables the government to provide general and specialised health services in rural areas and isolated communities.
- The second variant, eSanjeevani OPD is serving patients across the country, connecting them directly to doctors from the comforts of their homes. Both versions – eSanjeevani AB-HWC and eSanjeevani OPD have been integrated with ABDM platform.
Vision India @2047
Dr Jitendra Singh said that emerging technologies like artificial intelligence (AI), augmented reality (AR), blockchain, drones, Internet of Things (IoT), robotics, 3D printing and virtual reality (VR) are going to have a huge impact on all aspects of life including governance.
About Vision India @ 2047
- India@2047 is a vision plan for a ‘future-ready India’ that befits the 100th year of Indian Independence.
- An exercise to envision India@2047 is being undertaken by the Government of India under the rubric of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav to meet the following aspirations:
- Attaining new heights of prosperity of the country
- Making best facilities available both in the villages and the cities
- Eliminating unnecessary interference by the Government in the lives of citizens
- Building world’s most modern infrastructure.
- In this regard, the many themes have been identified for rural development sectors in which action need to be taken.
- 25 Year Target: The Centre also wants to start right away on the 25-year targets.
- The key areas: Identified so far include agriculture, commerce & industry, infrastructure and urban landscape, security & defence, technology and governance.
- The first set of suggestions on the table is: Freeing up India’s defence acquisitions from foreign reliance and a road map for ‘India’s place in the world in 2047’.
- On the industry side, restructuring and merger of public sector banks and creation of 3 or 4 big banks is being looked at.
- Similarly, developing 3 or 4 global champions in each sector, including oil and gas sector by merger or restructuring of companies, developing semi-conductor complexes and making India a hub and leader in green technology and skilling are ideas under discussion.
National Monuments Authority
- National Monuments Authority (NMA) under the Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India has been setup as per provisions of The Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains AMASR (Amendment and Validation) Act, 2010 which was enacted in March, 2010.
- Several functions have been assigned to the NMA for the protection and preservation of monuments and sites through management of the prohibited and regulated area around the centrally protected monuments.
- One amongst these responsibilities of NMA is also to consider grant of permissions to applicants for construction related activity in the prohibited and regulated area.
- With increase of urbanization, development, growth and increasing population pressure, there is growing pressure on land including the land around centrally protected monuments.
- As this often affects the monument/site adversely it is important that such growth around the centrally protected monuments is properly regulated, balancing the needs of individuals and growth and development on the one hand and the requirements of preservation and protection of these monuments on the other.
- These provisions underwent a change in 2010 following the Amendment to the AMASR Act. The NMA and the Competent Authorities (CA) were setup and now all applications for construction related work in the prohibited and regulated area are to be submitted to the CA and then to NMA for consideration of the application.