National Conference on e-Governance (NCeG) UPSC Relevance
25th National Conference on e-Governance (NCeG): It an annual conference organized to recognize and promote e-governance initiative across various sectors of the country. National Awards for e-Governance (NAeG) is also presented at the National Conference on e-Governance (NCeG). NAeG is important for UPSC Prelims 2023 and UPSC Mains Exam (Governance initiatives of the government).
25th National Conference on e-Governance (NCeG) in News
- 25th National Conference on e-Governance (NCeG) 2022 will be soon inaugurated by the Chief Guest Dr. Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Ministry of Science and Technology.
25th National Conference on e-Governance (NCeG)
- Organizers: The Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG) and Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India, in association with the State Government of Jammu & Kashmir will organize the 25th National Conference on e-Governance (NCeG).
- NCeG Venue: 25th National Conference on e-Governance (NCeG) will be organized on 26th – 27th November, 2022 in Katra, Jammu & Kashmir.
- NCeG theme: 25th National Conference on e-Governance (NCeG) is being organized on the theme is “Bringing Citizens, Industry and Government closer”.
- Participation: Delegates from Central Ministries/Departments and 28 States and 8 Union Territories have confirmed their participation in the E-Governance Conference.
- Over 1000 delegates are expected to attend this Conference in Jammu.
- An Exhibition will also be organized during the event to showcase India’s achievements in the field of e-Governance, along with a Wall of Fame/ photo exhibition on the award winners.
- Significance: The National E-Governance Conference would-
- Provide considerable momentum to the e-Governance initiatives across the country,
- Provide opportunities for civil servants and industry captains to showcase their successful interventions in e-Governance in improving end-to-end service delivery.
National Awards for e-Governance (NAeG) 2022
The National Awards for e-Governance (NAeG) will be presented under 5 categories of the NAeG Scheme – 2022 to 18 e-Governance initiatives at Central, State and District levels, Academic & Research Institutions and Public Sector Undertaking. This includes 9 Gold and 9 Silver Awards.
Why National Conference on e-Governance (NCeG) is Celebrated on 26th November?
- 26th November is celebrated as the Constitution Day to commemorate the adoption of the Constitution of India.
- As part of the celebrations Union Minister, Dr. Jitendra Singh will administer reading of the Preamble to the Constitution with all participants on 26th November, 2022 in the Inaugural Session of the 25th NCeG.
25th National Conference on e-Governance (NCeG) Sub-Themes
Discussions will be held on ten sub-themes in Plenary sessions during the Conference:
- Digital Governance Across Whole-of-the-Government;
- Digital Economy Strengthening Start-up Ecosystem & Employment Generation;
- Modern laws to promote national growth and to secure citizen’s rights;
- Transparent and Real-time Grievance Management System;
- 21st Century Digital Infrastructure for next-generation services and security in cyberspace;
- Shifting the gear on emerging technologies from exploration to population scale solutions;
- The role of e-Governance in bridging the digital divide;
- Digital Governance for Enhancing Ease of Doing Business and Ease of Living;
- J&K State: Digital Transformation in Jammu & Kashmir; and
- e-Governance Initiatives in J&K
What is e-governance?
- Electronic Governance or e-governance is the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) for delivering government services through integration of various systems between Government-to-Citizens (G2C), Government-to-Business (G2B), and Government-to-Government(G2G) services.