KVS Selection Process: The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) had issued a recruitment notification, advertising a total of 13,404 job openings for the positions of PRT, TGT, and PGT. The KVS examination, encompassing both teaching and non-teaching positions, took place nationwide on March 11th, 2023. The selection procedure for PRT, TGT, and PGT roles has been updated and will now comprise three distinct stages. These stages include a written examination, a practical demonstration of teaching skills, and a final interview.
KVS Selection Process for PRT TGT PGT Posts
KVS Selection Process for PRT TGT PGT Posts will be defined by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan. The revised selection process for KVS Teaching posts has been done in 3 steps i.e. written test, demo teaching and interview.
Candidates who are preparing for KVS Teaching Exam may clear the Written test first then he/she is eligible to appear for the interview round. The weightage of written tests, demo teaching and interviews will be 70 : 30 for the post of PGT, TGT & PRT. The detailed KVS selection process for the Teaching Posts is given below.
The KVS final merit list will be prepared on the basis of written exam scores and demo teaching, and interview marks. The details has been given below:
- Written Exam – 70%
- Demo Teaching – 15%
- Interview – 15%
KVS Selection Process Written Exam
The KVS Selection process will start from the written exam for PRT TGT PGT Posts. KVS Written exam will be held for 180 marks for 180 questions and will be done in 180 minutes. KVS has released a revised examination pattern and syllabus for all teaching and non-teaching recruitment examinations. KVS written exam has 70 % weightage in the merit list.
KVS Selection Process Demo Teaching
The Demo Teaching is 2nd round in the KVS Selection process for all teaching and no teaching posts. The candidate who will qualify test exam will be called for demo teaching under KVS Selection Process. Demo Teaching is an activity performed by the interviewee in front of the interview committee to assess your teaching abilities and skills. The interviewer will judge the candidate’s teaching process and interaction with them. Demo Teaching will have 30 marks for 15 % weightage in the merit list.
KVS Selection Process Interview 2023
The final merit list for the KVS selection process is prepared on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the written exam, demo teaching session, and interview.
KVS Cut-Off Marks
Here you can see the category-wise KVS cut-off 2018 which will give you an idea of the overall difficulty level of the KVS exams. Category wise cut off marks of selected candidates to the posts of PGTs, TGTs, PRT & PRT(Music)
|1.||PGT – English||66.742||58.379||63.803||57.374||–||62.591|
|2.||PGT – Hindi||71.247||65.33||63.986||60.559||64.309||61.059|
|3.||PGT – Physics||61.64||59.688||48.147||45.901||–||–|
|4.||PGT – Chemistry||72.019||68.968||64.865||53.006||–||–|
|5.||PGT – Economics||64.225||59.978||60.119||53.845||50.393||–|
|6.||PGT – Commerce||61.455||55.402||48.704||49.859||56.526||–|
|7.||PGT – Maths||70.23||61.76||61.709||51.852||66.474||–|
|8.||PGT – Biology||74.184||69.566||67.73||65.041||–||–|
|9.||PGT – History||66.313||61.775||63.912||59.591||–||–|
|10.||PGT – Geography||70.362||64.725||62.865||62.523||–||–|
|11.||PGT – Computer Sc.||71.714||62.588||62.021||57.887||–||–|
|12.||TGT – English||67.917||58.588||61.369||56.697||58.354||–|
|13.||TGT – Hindi||65.995||60.104||56.369||59.634||–||64.056|
|14.||TGT – Social Studies||66.682||60.354||56.932||57.541||62.682||58.384|
|15.||TGT – Science||68.573||65.573||61.947||61.556||–||–|
|16.||TGT – Sanskrit||64.291||56.291||53.806||54.821||57.9||54.15|
|17.||TGT – Maths||70.823||66.588||60.417||60.963||63.119||–|
|18.||TGT – P & HE||68.132||58.673||60.496||57.058||–||–|
|19.||TGT – AE||70.726||60.59||64.736||54.611||56.746||–|
|20.||TGT – WE||69.435||63.122||58.819||54.475||58.329||67.819|
Tips for the KVS Demo teaching session:
The demo teaching session is an important part of the KVS selection process. Here are some tips on how to perform well in the demo teaching session:
- Choose a topic that you are confident in: Choose a topic for your demo teaching session that you are confident in and that you can teach effectively.
- Prepare a lesson plan: Prepare a detailed lesson plan for your demo teaching session. The lesson plan should include the learning objectives, activities, and assessment methods.
- Practice your lesson: Practice your demo teaching session thoroughly before the day of the exam. This will help you deliver your lesson smoothly and confidently.
- Be interactive: Engage with the students during your demo teaching session. Ask them questions and encourage them to participate.
- Be enthusiastic: Show your enthusiasm for teaching during your demo teaching session. This will help you make a good impression on the judges.
Preparation Tips for KVS Interview
1. Dress up yourself properly – The first impression is the last impression. Your body language plays a significant role during the interview. Dressing is the most important part of the interview because it reflects your personality.
- For Males – A shirt and Trousers with a Tie (optional) will be the best way to present yourself.
- For Females – A female can go with a saree and suits salwar which will give a good impression to the panel
2. Be Punctual – Reach your interview centre before the given time so that you can relax and avoid rushing until the last minute. It will also boost your confidence & give a positive outlook to the interviewee.
3. Be Confident – Confidence is the key to cracking or handling any situation. Confidence in your personality shows by your gestures and your facial expressions. Do not show that you are nervous.
4 Learn To Accept- “NO”-It is possible that you may not know the answer to a few questions. So don’t be nervous about it. You can make a smart move or accept that you don’t recall the answer at that time or you don’t know the answer but you will definitely read about it.
5. Revise Commonly Asked Questions: Always pay attention to the questions that an interviewer mostly asked in all interviews. Instead of giving the same replies make your own answer, as it will be more impressive for him/her. Giving your answers with confidence is the main element of the situation.
6. Prepare yourself to give the answer about your home town, and be prepared for the question which might be asked by the interviewer about your native place like “What is your hometown famous for?” or “Name the famous personality who hails from the city you belong to? As well there might be some possibility that they may ask questions related to where you want to join and tell me about your preference.
7. Just Be Yourself – Lastly, the most important tip is that ‘Just Be Yourself’. Do not try to copy another person.
All the best aspirants. You have made this journey so far, just one step more and your dream job is just there. Keep practising with Adda247.
|KVS Answer Key 2023 Links|
|How to Prepare KVS?||KVS Previous Year Papers|
|KVS Contractual Vacancy||What is KVS?|
|KVS Eligibility Criteria||How to Prepare KVS?|
|KVS Exam Date||KVS Syllabus 2023|
|KVS Selection Process||KVS 2023|
|KVS Cut Off 2023||KVS Salary 2023|