UGC NET Eligibility 2024: The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria form for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) on their official website. Before applying for the UGC NET Exam, it is mandatory to go through the UGC NET Eligibility 2024 in detail to make sure you are not disqualified at further stages.
NTA has determined the UGC NET JRF Eligibility for candidates who appear for the JRF and Assistant Professor Post. UGC NET 2024 Eligibility criteria are different for JRF and Assistant Professor Post. This article provides detailed information on UGC NET eligibility criteria for aspirants who want to become professors.
UGC NET Eligibility 2024
To be eligible to appear for the examination, candidates must meet the required UGC NET eligibility criteria 2024 including the educational qualifications, age limit, reservation criteria, etc provided in this post. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for the UGC NET 2024 Exam which is given in the official notification and this article also.
UGC NET Eligibility 2024- Overview
The candidates must go through the following table to read out the UGC NET Eligibility highlights. The candidates can easily glance through the Eligibility for UGC NET in detail by referring to the following table.
|UGC NET Eligibility 2024
|UGC NET Eligibility Criteria Age Limit
|UGC NET Education Eligibility Criteria
|Master’s Degree or equivalent with minimum 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PwD/Transgender candidates)
|UGC NET Eligibility Number of Attempts
|No limit on attempts for JRF & AP
|UGC NET Eligibility Nationality
|Subject UGC NET Eligibility
|The subject of your Post-Graduation
UGC NET 2024 Eligibility
Before applying for any post on the NTA UGC NET exam application you must check the proper details and information about the post and its qualification. The detailed eligibility criteria for UGC NET 2024 have been given below :
1. Candidates who have appeared for their qualifying master’s degree (Final year) examination and whose result is still awaited can appear in the UGC NET 2024 Examination as per UGC NET Education Eligibility.
Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/ institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science, etc. are eligible for this Test as per UGC NET Eligibility Criteria.
2. For Ph.D. degree holders: The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination has been completed by 19 September 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET
3. For the Transgender category: The transgender category would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age, and UGC NET JRF Eligibility (i.e. JRF and Assistant Professor) as are available to SC/ST/PwD categories. The subject-wise cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PwD/OBC–NCL categories in the corresponding subject.
4. For Reserved Category: The Other Backward Classes(OBC)/ Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PwD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this test.
UGC NET Age Limit
The candidates should check out the UGC NET Age Limit to ensure they are eligible for the UGC NET Exam 2024. UGC NET Eligibility Criteria Age Limit
- No maximum age limit is prescribed for Lectureship or Asst. Professorship.
- Revised Age Limit for For Junior Research Fellowship -Not more than 30 years
UGC NET Age Relaxation
In the UGC NET Examination, UGC NET Eligibility Criteria Age Limit & age relaxation have been given to various categories which are mentioned below:
|UGC NET Eligibility Criteria Age Limit & Relaxation
|Age Limit & Relaxation
|Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe
|Other Backward Classes (OBC -NCL)
|Persons with disabilities (PwD)
|Candidates having research experience
|A period spent on research – Maximum 5 years
|Candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree
|Candidates who have served in the armed forces
UGC NET Eligibility For Assistant Professor
1. NET/SET/SLET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for the recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions. In this regard, exemption from NET/SET/SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India from time to time.
2. The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR/ JRF examination before 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET as per the UGC NET Exam Eligibility.
3. For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, and are eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India.
4. Those who have cleared State(s) Eligibility Test from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/colleges situated in the State from where they have cleared their SET as the Eligibility for UGC NET.
5. PhD degree holders in accordance with GC Regulations, 2009 are exempted from the requirement of meeting the minimum eligibility criteria for UGC NET.
UGC NET Eligibility For SC, ST, OBC and GEN
The reservation policy of the Government of India applies to UGC-NET as the NET Eligibility Criteria. According to this, in the Central Universities and Institutions that are deemed to be Universities, the reservation of seats shall be as follows as recommended by the UGC NET Eligibility:
(i) 15% of the seats for Scheduled Castes (SC) candidates
(ii) 7.5% of the seats for Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates
(iii) 27% of the seats for Other Backward Classes (OBC) Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) candidates as per the Central List*
(iv) 10% of the seats for General – Economically Weaker Sections (General – EWS) candidates
(v) 04% of the seats in the mentioned categories for Persons with Disability (PwD) with 40% or more disabilities.
(vi) # Reservation for Kashmiri Migrant (subject to notification from Ministry of Education for Academic Session 2021-22).