International Women’s Day is celebrated on 8th March every year. The main aim is to create awareness about the pertinent issues faced by women every day such as gender inequality, violence against women, abuse against women and so on. On this day people also celebrate the women in their life.
International Women’s Day 2023 History
International Women’s Day 2023 was first celebrated by United Nation in 1975. However, it was not until 1977, when United Nations General Assembly adopted 8th March as International Women’s Day 2023. The United Nations wanted this day to emerge as the day when the world will come together to think and take action on women’s rights.
International Women’s Day 2023 Significance
As per reports, 70% of the 1.3 billion population of the world affected by poverty are women. Moreover, women are the head of 40% of the poorest household across the world. UN wanted to focus on these issues faced by women across the globe and hence they dedicated the 8th of March to International Women’s Day.
On this day, the world not only focuses on the issues faced by women but also celebrates the beautiful facades of women. Men and women celebrate and appreciate the women in their lives who have influenced their lives in many or any way possible.
International Women’s Day 2023 Celebration
Many organizations and institutions organise programs, seminars, rallies, marches, debates, some contests and various other types of events to celebrate International Women’s Day 2023 in a constructive way all the while acknowledging and appreciating the contribution and achievements of women in every sector of the professional world and in every aspect of the life.
International Women’s Day 2023 Theme
The theme for International Women’s Day 2023 is ‘DigitALL: Innovation and technology for gender equality’. According to the website of International Women’s Day, IWD’s official colours are purple, green, and white.
International Women’s Day 2023 Wishes
Check out some wishes on International Women’s Day 2023 to get inspired by and wish the women in your life.
- She is a Dreamer, she is a believer, she is a doer, she is an achiever, and she is “You”. Happy Women’s Day.
- “Everything that I know is all because of you….. You are the mother every kid wishes to have….. With all my heart, wish you a Happy International Women’s Day mom.”
- For all the times you’ve brought a smile and made my days seem brighter. Happy Women’s Day!
- Had women not been there, life would have never been so beautiful and blessed…. Wishing a very Happy Women’s Day to one such woman who makes life so wonderful for me!!!!”
- It’s crazy that women still have to fight for their rights. We still live in a society where being a woman is dangerous. Let’s remind ourselves to create a world deserving of the women around us. Happy Women’s Day!
- Life would not have been possible without you. I am what I am because of you. Happy Women’s Day!
- Only a woman can almost die and give birth at the same time. Be proud to be a woman. Happy Women’s Day!
- Happy Women’s Day to strong, intelligent, talented and simply wonderful women! Don’t ever forget that you are loved and appreciated.
International Women’s Day 2023 Quotes
Check out some significant quotes on International Women’s Day 2023 given below.
- A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.” – Melinda Gates
- “A feminist is anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men.” – Gloria Steinem
- “I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.” – Madonna
- The best protection any woman can have is courage.” – Elizabeth Cady Stanton
- “Women are the largest untapped reservoir of talent in the world.” – Hillary Clinton
- The day will come when men will recognize women as their peers, not only at the fireside but in councils of the nation. Then, and not until then, will there be the perfect comradeship, the ideal union between the sexes that shall result in the highest development of the race.” – Susan B. Anthony
- “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. It shouldn’t be that women are the exception.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- “I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.” – Audre Lorde
- I raise my voice—not so I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard…we cannot succeed when half of us are held back.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “Women are the real architects of society.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe