The President of India is the constitutional head of the country. The President of India is also considered the First Citizen of India. The President of India is the highest-paid government representative in India. Being the head of the country, the president of India enjoys various perks, allowances and benefits in and outside the office. As the Presidential Election of India has finally concluded, there is the hype about What is President’s Salary in India is? In this article, you will find details about the President’s Salary and Allowance.
What is President’s Salary in India?
According to the 2nd Schedule of the Indian Constitution, the President of India used to get a salary of Rs. 10000 per month. The President Per Month Salary was raised to Rs. 50000 in the year 1998. President Per Month Salary was further raised to Rs. 150000 in September 2008. Finally, while announcing Union Budget, the President’s Salary was increased to Rs. 500000. Now, the New President of India, Draupadi Murmu will receive Rashtrapati Salary in a Month of Rs. 500000.
President Salary and Allowance of Residence
Apart from the Rashtrapati Salary in a Month of Rs. 500000, the President of India is entitled to enjoy various benefits and allowances such as rent-free accommodation at the Rashtrapati Bhavan (for the President’s Tenure). The Rashtrapati Bhavan is the world’s largest Presidential Palace with 340 bedrooms and a floor area of 200000 square feet. On top of this, there are Presidential Retreats in Rashtrapati Nilayam in Bolarum, Hyderabad, and the Retreat Building in Chharabra, Shimla.
President Salary and Allowance for Travel
As the constitutional Head of India, the security of the President is of the highest priority for the country. Thus, the President travels in the heavily armoured and custom-built Mercedes Benz S600 (W221) Pullman Guard. It is the Official State Car for the President.
President Salary and Other Allowance
Here is a list of the President’s Salary and other Allowances. Carefully read the following pointers to get a clear picture of the President’s Salary and Allowances.
- The President is entitled to get free housing and medical care during his/her tenure.
- The President also gets Rs. 100000 for office expenses.
- The President’s Bodyguard is responsible for the security of the President of India.
- To ensure the safety and security of the President of India, the license plate is never revealed. Instead, the National Symbol of India is displayed in the place of the license plate.
- Post-retirement, the President of India gets Rs. 150000 as President Pension Per Month. The spouses of the President of India get secretarial assistance of Rs. 30000 monthly.
- The President of India after retirement is entitled to a rent-free bungalow (furnished), a mobile phone and two landline telephones.
- Along with that, they get 5 staff and a yearly expense of Rs. 60000 for the staff after the retirement.
- They get free travel allowances by air or train with a companion post-retirement.
President of India Salary 2022: FAQs
Q: What is President’s Salary in India?
A: As of 2022, the President Per Month Salary is Rs. 500000.
Q: What is the Official State Car of the President of India?
A: Heavily armoured and custom-built Mercedes Benz S600 (W221) Pullman Guard is the Official State Car of the President of India.
Q: What is President’s Pension in India after retirement?
A: The President of India gets Rs. 150000 after retirement as a pension.