KVS Primary Teacher Salary: Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan has released 13404 teaching and non teaching vacancies on their official website. KVS has released Primary Teacher posts for 6414 PRT posts. KVS PRT Examination Schedule was conducted from 21-28 February 2023. All the candidate has been curious about KVS Primary Teacher Salary, handsome package, and benefits with their preparation.
Here we are going to provide you with details on KVS Primary Teacher Salary and benefits of Primary Teacher Posts in KVS schools. Everything about KVS PRT salary, in-hand salary package, allowances, growth, and promotions is provided along with the job profile.
KVS Primary Teacher Salary Overview
The KVS Primary Teacher vacancy has been released by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan. Candidates can check all the details here in the below table related to KVS Primary Teacher Salary. Many questions have been answered in this article regarding KVS Primary Teacher Salary 2023.
|KVS Primary Teacher Salary|
|Full Form||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan|
|Organised by||Central Government under the Ministry of Human Resource Development.|
|KVS PRT||KVS Primary Teacher Salary In hand|
|Selection Process||Written Exam + Demo Teaching + Interview|
|Age Limit||PRT – 30 Yrs|
What is KVS Primary Teacher Salary?
KVS Primary Teacher Salary has been released by KVS, Government of India. KVS Primary Teacher Salary has been prepared on the basis of the 7th pay commission which includes Primary Teacher In hand Salary, HRA, DA, TA, and other allowances. KVS Primary Teacher Salary structure will follow the Pay Matrix Level 6 i.e. Rs. 35400-112400. KVS Primary Teacher Salary will be given to teach in central school for Class I- V.
KVS Primary Teacher Salary In Hand
Candidate should know their benefits, and allowances regarding KVS Primary Teacher Salary on the basis of KVS Benefits, HRS DA, Allowance, Levels, and leaves which have been mentioned below. Candidates can check KVS Primary Teacher Salary In hand with other allowances in the below table which has been mentioned in the table.
|KVS Primary Teacher Salary
|KVS Primary teacher||PRT Group-B Teacher|
|Pay Scale||Rs. 9,300- 34,800|
|Grade Pay||Rs. 4200|
|KVS PRT Basic Salary||Rs. 35400|
|House Rent Allowance||8-24% of the basic salary|
|Dearness Allowance||38% of the basic salary|
|Transport Allowance||Rs. 1600|
|Net Salary (Approx)||Rs. 38000 to 42000|
As KVS comes under the functioning of the Central Government, therefore all the criteria and eligibility patterns are set according to the norms and conditions of the central government. This article contains the pay scale and other allowances as defined under the 7th pay commission.
KVS Primary Teacher Monthly Salary
Here we are providing KVS Primary Teacher Salary per month as per central government revised rules which have been approved in Cabinet. A candidate who is working as KVS primary Teacher should know about their salary as KVS Primary Teacher Salary per month and KVS Primary Teacher Salary In Hand which has been explained in below table.
|KVS Primary Teacher Salary per month
|Details||KVS Primary Teacher (PRT) Salary|
|Pay Scale||Entry Scale: Rs. 9300-34800 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/-
Senior Scale: Rs.9300-34800 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4600/-
Selection Scale: Rs.9300-34800 with Grade Pay of Rs.4800/-
|Grade Pay||Rs 4200|
|Basic Pay||Rs 35400|
|Revised DA ( 38%)||Rs 13,452|
|HRA (24% of basic )||Rs 8,496|
|Travel Allowance||Rs 3600 + DA There on|
|Total Approximate Gross Salary (With HRA)||Rs 53,484(Approx. )|
|Total Approximate Gross Salary (Without HRA)||Rs 44000(Approx. )|
KVS Primary Teacher Job Profile
The job profile for KVS primary teacher has been mentioned below. Candidates can check the KVS primary teacher Profile to teach Class I-V which has been explained with their profile.
- Preparing children for school assembly, any other cultural program,classroom management,maintaing discipline in school.
- Preparing question papers, Question bank, conduct of examinations, completion of syllabus, maintaining teachers diary,preparing various records , strategies for slow bloomers and bright children, subject enrichment record, notebook submission records,assignments ,teaching learning material,decoration of classroom and school building, notebook correction, etc.
- Organising funday for children every Saturday which includes a lot of activities like film show,remedial teaching,games ,sports,art,music,dance,drama ,etc.
- Preparing result register,report cards,Conducting parents teacher meeting.
- Doing invigilation duty in various exams like board exams, competitive exams held in school.
- Escorting duties at regional or national sport events ,or any other cultural events.
- He has to perform his role under various charges given to him
- CCA , examination, CMP, house incharge, funday, eco club, health and hygiene club ,etc.
- These are some of the duties of a KVS primary teacher apart from teaching children.
KVS Primary Teacher Salary City Division
KVS has divided its zones into three sections and the pay scale with other benefits varies according to this division criteria:
List of X, Y & Z cities:
|X (Population >= 50 Lakhs & above)||Bengaluru, Greater Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Chennai and Kolkata|
|Y (Population 5 to 50 Lakhs)||Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Puducherry, Meerut, Ghaziabad, Raipur, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Bhavnagar, Moradabad, Thrissur, Malappuram, Kannur, Kollam, Gwalior, Indore, Bhopal, Jabalpur, Ujjain, Amravati, Nagpur, Aurangabad, Nashik, Bhiwandi, Solapur, Kolhapur, Vasai-Virar Cty, Vijayawada, Warangal, Greater Visakhapatnam, Guntur, Nellore, Guwahati, Patna, Hubli-Dharwad, Mangalore, Mysore, Gulbarga, Kozhikode, Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Ajmer, Salem, Tirupur, Coimbatore, Tiruchirappalli, Madurai, Erode, Dehradun, Chandigarh, Durg-Bhilai Nagar, Sangli, Cuttack, Bhubaneswar, Rourkela, Vadodara, Surat, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Srinagar, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Dhanbad, Ranchi, Bokaro Steel City, Belgaum, Malegaon, Nanded-Waghala, Aligarh, Agra, Bareilly, Lucknow, Kanpur, Allahabad, Gorakhpur, Varanasi, Saharanpur, Noida, Firozabad, Jhansi, Asansol, Siliguri, Durgapur|
|Z (Population < below 5 Lakhs)||All other remaining cities|
KVS PRT Teacher Salary
KVS PRT In-hand monthly salary includes adding an amount of basic Pay and other salary allowances including – House rent, variable pay, dearness allowance, city compensatory allowance, medical allowance, and many more. Depending on the city in which the candidate is posted the gross monthly salary of a PRT teacher can reach up to a total of Rs. 35000/-. The basic pay scale is the same in all divisions of the cities.
KVS PRT Teacher Salary Allowances and Benefits
- House rent allowance: 8 to 24% of the total basic salary is defined as house rent allowance and this is included in the total pay scale of the monthly income of the PRT teacher. This percentage is fixed by the authority of KVS and varies according to the city division criteria. For cities falling in X section: HRA is 24% i.e. 8496, Y section: 16% i.e. 5664, Z section: 8% i.e. 2832
- Dearness allowance: A 38 per cent of dearness allowance is provided to the candidate upon its joining as the KVS PRT Teacher. The rate of inflation has an effect on the percentage of dearness allowance and increases when inflation decreases.
- Transport/travel Allowance: The PRT teachers are provided with a transport allowance depending on the cities they are working in.
- X cities: Rs. 3600
- Y cities: Rs. 1800
- Z cities: Rs. 900
- Additional benefits to a PRT Teacher: In addition to the above allowances and basic pay, some additional benefits are also added in the monthly gross salary of a KVS PRT which include vehicle finance, housing finance, maternity benefits (especially for women candidates) child education, and pension plans.
- Increment: Every year a minimum of 3% increment is provided by KVS to the currently working teachers which is a boost up for the teachers to perform well in their jobs.
- Prerequisite for retired teachers: The retired teacher will be provided with 24% of their current salary in the form of their pension until they live. Once they are dead their pension will be stopped.
The candidates who wants to enjoy this salary package and additional perks must begin their preparation for the KVS exams, however, you must go through the eligibility and age criteria before thinking for KVS PRT teaching posts.
KVS Primary Teacher Salary FAQ
Q. What is the KVS PRT scale?
Ans The salary scale for PRT Post is Rs. 9300 -34800 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/-
Q.Is KVS PRT a tough exam?
Ans. Read here: Click
Q. What is the salary of up PRT teacher?
Ans. The detail of PRT Teacher salary has been provided in this article.
Q. Who are PRT teachers?
Ans. PRT stands for Primary teacher, also known as an elementary teacher who teaches from Class I to V.