UGC NET Result 2020: University Grant Commission, National Eligibility Test Result, UGC NET Result 2020 is out. National Testing Agency (NTA) conducted a Computer Based Test (CBT) across the country from 24th September to 13th November 2020 and had covered 81 subjects in 12 days. Out of 8,60,976 registered candidates, only 5,26,707 candidates appeared the said examination. For the eligibility test to appoint Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship, the Result has been announced. Candidates who had appeared for the NET June 2020 can check their result link here as verified from @ntanet.nic.in.
UGC NET June Result 2020: Overview
|Organization||National Testing Agency|
|Exam Name||UGC NET June 2020|
|Posts||Professor and JRF posts|
|Exam Conducted||24th September to 13th November 2020|
|Result Date||01st Decmeber 2020|
UGC NET June 2020: Minimum Qualifying Marks
The UGC NET June Result 2020 is declared. Candidates must note that it is a qualifying exam for which they have to score a minimum so to be considered NET Qualified Lectureship or a JRF/ both. Appeared candidates can check their results from the direct link provided below.
|Category||Paper I – Out of 100 marks||Paper-II – Out of 200 marks|
|Reserved (OBC Non-creamy layer, PWD/SC/ST)||35%||35%|
UGC NET June 2020: Important Dates
|Exam Date||24 September – 13 November 2020|
|Final Answer Key Release||30th November 2020|
|UGC NET Result Date||01st December 2020|
Link to Check UGC NET June Final Result 2020-21
For each subject, the link will be provided here. The given type of page appears as you open the link.
Steps to download UGC NET June Final Result 2020-21
- As you click the given link, a new document in a new tab will open
- A PDF containing the name of candidates will appear
- Press Ctrl+F to enter your roll number or name
- Check your scores/percentile given against the name and roll number
- Use Print or Download option to save UGC NET June Final Result 2020-21 PDF for future purpose
UGC NET 2020 Result June: Important Points
- Both Paper-I and Paper-II had questions in English and Hindi Language. Candidates were supposed to answer the questions in the Language they opted for before the exam.
- The difficulty level of the questions asked in the Paper-1 was ‘Moderate’ & Paper-2 was ‘Moderate to Difficult’.
- A separate merit list for the award of JRF will be prepared from amongst the NET qualified candidates
- As per the official notification, the qualifying scores required for General Category candidates is 40% whereas it is 35% for reserved category candidates(considering both Paper 1 and 2).
- However, the cutoff for Lecturership and JRF differs and a JRF cutoff is higher than that of Lecturership.
- The students who will qualify for this exam would be receiving their Certificates very soon via email from official sources.
- Note that the maximum marks for Paper I and Paper II are 100 and 200 respectively.
- For this nationwide professional examination also, live CCTV Surveillance through more than 1450 CCTVs was carried out.
- Cheating using the mobile network and other electronic devices was prevented using Jammers at all centers. A total of more than 3100 jammers in each shift have been installed.
- 19 Regional Coordinators, 200 City Coordinators, and 600 Observers were positioned for UGC-NET in June 2020.
JRF Score Validity
The JRF Score validity period is of three years with effect from the date of issue of the JRF Award Letter. However, for candidates who have already joined M.Phil./Ph.D., then the date on which they have commenced the JRF Fellowship shall be from the date of declaration of NET result or date of their joining, whichever is later.
National Testing Agency helps the University Grant Commission (UGC) in the online conduct of NET Examination and declaration of result. Recently, the issue of e-certificated of qualified candidates on the behalf of UGC. e-certificates to qualified candidates have been initiated by UGC- NET Bureau. Candidates can also contact Head, UGC NET Bureau, University of Delhi, South Campus, Benito Juarez Marg, New Delhi, Pin Code-110021, Phone No. (011-24116316, 24115416, 24115419).
Details on the UGC NET Result Sheet 2020-21
The following points are mentioned on the UGC NET Result sheet. Candidates must check the presence of the following data points.
|Exam month (December or June)|
|Name of the candidate|
|NET roll number|
|Subject & Subject code|
|No. of registered and appeared candidates in the respective subject|
|Maximum marks in Paper I and Paper II|
|Marks obtained in each paper|
|Percentage of marks in each paper|
|NET Percentile score|
|NET Result Qualification status (qualified or not qualified)|
Following are the subject codes for which result will be declared
|Subject Code||Subject Name|
|11||Defense and Strategic Studies|
|16||Hindustani Music (Vocal/Instrumental)|
|46||Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy / Non Formal Education|
|49||Arab Culture and Islamic Studies|
|55||Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/Labour and Social Welfare/Human Resource Management|
|59||Library and Information Science|
|60||Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian, and Peace Studies|
|62||Comparative Study of Religions|
|63||Mass Communication and Journalism|
|66||Museology & Conservation|
|70||Tribal and Regional Language/Literature|
|73||Sanskrit Traditional Subjects (including Jyotisha/Sidhanta Jyotisha/Navya Vyakarna/ Vyakarna/Mimamsa/Navya Nyaya/Sankhya Yoga/Tulanatmaka Darsana/ Shukla Yojurveda/ Madhv Vedanta/ Dharma Sastra/ Sahitya/ Purana-itihasa/Agama/Advaita Vedanta)|
|79||Visual Art (including Drawing & Painting/Sculpture/Graphics/Applies Art/History of Art)|
|81||Social Medicine & Community Health|
|87||Computer Science and Applications|
|90||International and Area Studies|
|92||Human Rights and Duties|
|93||Tourism Administration and Management|
|96||Karnatik Music (Vocal Instrument, Percussion)|
Stay Connected for more updates on UGC NET Exam!