UGC NET 2021 Notification: NTA has released the notification regarding the UGC NET 2021 on the official website. The National Testing Agency (NTA), with the concurrence of UGC, has merged both UGC-NET of December 2020 and June 2021 cycles so that they be conducted together in CBT mode. The application process for UGC NET(National Eligibility Test) has been started on 10th August 2021. The last date to fill the application form is September 5, 2021. The UGC NET 2021 examination date will be conducted from 17 October to 25 October 2021. Postgraduates with 55% minimum marks may appear for the UGC NET exam. Eligible candidates may apply through the official website @https://nta.ac.in/
UGC NET 2021 Important Dates
|Online Submission of Application Form||10 August to 5 September 2021|
|Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net-Banking/Paytm||6 September (up to 11.50 p.m.)|
Fee Payable by Candidates
|Gen-EWS*/ OBC-NCL**||Rs. 500/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs. 250/-|
|Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable|
|Correction in particulars of Application Form on the website only||7 September to 12 September 2021 (up to 11.50 p.m.)|
|Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website||will be notified later|
|Dates of Examination||17 October to 25 October 2021|
|Duration of Examination||180 minutes (03 hours) No break between Paper 1 & Paper 2|
|Centre, Date, and Shift for Candidates||As indicated on Admit Card|
|Display of Recorded Responses and Answer Keys||To be announced later on the website|
|Declaration of Result on NTA website||will be notified later|
UGC NET 2021 Exam Date
NTA has released the notification regarding the UGC NET 2021 Exam date which will be scheduled from 17 October to 25 October 2021. The UGC NET Online Application process for UGC NET(National Eligibility Test) has been again started on the 10th August 2021. In UGC NET December 2019 session, a total number of 7,93,813 candidates appeared out of which 60,147 were qualified for the Assistant Professor post and 5,092 qualified for both JRF & Assistant Professor.
UGC NET 2021 Exam Schedule
|Dates of Examination||17 October to 25 October 2021|
|Shifts||First Shift||Second Shift|
|Timing of Examination||09.00 am- 12.00 pm||03.00 pm- 6.00 pm|
|Duration of Examination||03 hours|
|Entry into the Examination Centre||7.30 am – 8.30 am||12.30 pm -1.30 pm|
|Entry in the Examination Hall/Room||8.45 am- 9.00 am||1.45 pm- 2.00 pm|
|Test Commences||9.00 am||3.00 pm|
|Test Concludes||12.00 pm||6.00 pm|
UGC NET 2021 Notification
NTA has released the UGC NET notification 2021 along with the online application link for the post of Assistant professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). The University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test is conducted twice a year for selecting thousands of eligible students. We have shared the official UGC NET notification 2021 PDF below which includes important dates, eligibility criteria & Exam Pattern etc
How To Fill UGC NET 2021 Online Application Form 2021?
Step I: Registration Page
Fill in the basic information and note down the system-generated Application No.
(i) Candidate’s Name/ Mother’s Name/ Father’s Name as given in the Secondary School Examination or equivalent Board/University Certificate in capital letters
(ii) Date of Birth in dd/mm/yyyy format as mentioned in Secondary School Examination or equivalent Board/ University certificate.
(iii) Mobile Number and e-mail Address – Candidates must provide their own Mobile Number and e-mail address.
Note: Only one e-mail address and one Mobile Number are valid for one application.
Step II: Fill in the complete Application Form:
(a) The applicant fills in all the required credentials in the form.
- Personal information: includes, name, gender, parents’ name, mobile number, email address, date of birth, etc.
- Permanent address: includes address, pin code, state code district, etc.
- Educational Qualification: the applicant is required to fill in the details of educational qualification which include Name of the Course, Name of the College, Year of Passing, percentage of marks required, etc.
- -After all the details are filled in, candidates need to click on the “Next” button.
Step III: Uploading of scanned images & Signature
- The candidate’s Photograph & Signature should be in JPG/JPEG format only
- The size of the scanned image of the photograph should be between 10kb to 200kb. The photograph need not be attested.
- The size of the scanned image of the signature should be between 4kb to 30kb. The candidate should put his full signature in running handwriting on white paper with a Black Ink pen and scan for uploading.
Step IV: Payment of Fee and Status of receipt of Online Application Form with Fee. Make a payment of fee through SBI /Syndicate/HDFC /ICICI Payment Gateway (Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking/Paytm) and keep proof of fee paid.
Download save and print copy of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee for your record and future reference.
(b) All the steps for submission of Online Application Form, Uploading of Candidate’s photograph, Candidate’s signature, Payment of fee, and Printing of Confirmation Page can also be done separately.
(c) Once finally submitted, particulars in certain specific fields may be changed only during the correction window.
Note: The application particulars entered can be edited before the final submission of the Application Form.
UGC NET 2021 Application Fee
|Fee Payable by Candidates||General/Unreserved||Gen-EWS(Economically Weaker Sections )/ OBC-NCL (Non-Creamy Layer)||SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender|
|Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 250/-|
UGC NET 2021 Exam Pattern
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions (All Are Compulsory)||Duration (First Shift)||Duration (Second Shift)|
|I||100||50||1 Hr (9:30 am to 10:30 am)||1 Hr (2:00 pm to 3:00 pm)|
|II||200||100||2 Hr (11:00 am to 1:00 pm )||2 Hr (3:30 pm to 5:30 pm )|
UGC NET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who have appeared for their qualifying master’s degree (Final year) examination and whose result is still awaited can appear in the UGC NET 2021 Examination.
Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/ institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science, etc. are eligible for this Test.
For Reserved Category: The Other Backward Classes(OBC)/ Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PwD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this test.
UGC NET 2021 Age Limit
- No maximum age limit is prescribed for Lectureship or Asst. Professorship.
- For Junior Research Fellowship; the maximum age limit will be 30 years
- Relaxation: A relaxation of up to 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC (Non-creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on the website: www.ncbc.nic.in) SC/ST/PWD/Transgender categories and to women applicants.
- Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates with research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on the production of a certificate from appropriate authority.
- Three years of relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates with L.L.M. Degree.
- A relaxation of up to 5 years is provided to the candidates who have served in the armed forces subject to the length of service in the armed forces up to the first day of the month in which the concerned UGC-NET is to be held.
- Total age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances.
How To Correct NTA UGC NET 2021 Application Form?
- Go to the official site of NTA website @https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/.
- Click On the “Correction Application Form Of UGC NET” on the home page.
- Find and select the required notification on that page.
- Correct the information candidate wants.
- And click submit button then print the registration form.
FAQ: UGC NET 2021 Notification
Q1. What is UGC-NET 2021?
Ans.UGC-NET is a test being conducted to select suitable candidates for Assistant Professor and Junior Research fellowship posts in authorized Indian colleges and universities.
Q2. Whether the examination will be offline or online?
Ans. This will be a computer-based test and will be conducted online mode only.
Q3. Is there a criterion for negative marking?
Ans. There are no negative marks for incorrect responses.
Q4. How to Apply for UGC NET May Exam 2021?
Ans. The details regarding the submission of the application are available on the NTA website i.e. www.ntanet.nic.in. No other means or mode of application will be accepted.
Q5. When will be the exam conducted?
Ans. UGC NET 2021 May examination date i.e. from 17 October to 25 October 2021
Q6. What will be the Timing of the Examination?
Ans. The examination will be held in two shifts i.e. First Shift: 9.30 am to 12.30 pm Second Shift: 2.30 pm to 05.30 pm