Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2023: Pravasi Bharatiya Divas or NRI Day is organized on 9th January Every Two years as India commemorates Pravasi Bharatiya Divas to recognize the contribution of the Indian Community to the expansion and advancement of our nation. The day, also known as NRI Day, honors Mahatma Gandhi’s return to India from South Africa in 1915. The Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards are given out by the Central Government of India to abroad Indians who have significantly contributed to the advancement of India on this festive day.
Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2023 History
The historical background of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas can be followed back to 2000 when the Public Authority of India chose to celebrate 9th January as a day for the NRI people group. The meaning of 9th January as NRI Day comes from the way that Mahatma Gandhi got back to India from South Africa on this day in 1915.
After this day was administered in 2000, it was first celebrated in 2003. Here are more insights concerning the historical backdrop of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas – The Pravasi Bhartiya Divas date is the 9th of January. Most people celebrated this as NRI Day in India. NRI Day and pravasi Bhartiya divas is the same thing.
- The Indian legal adviser, ambassador, and author, L.M. Singhvi conceptualized the possibility of NRI Day.
- Hence, on 9th January 2002, the then Head of the state of India, Atal Bihari Vajpayee authoritatively reported the day as NRI Day.
- On 9th January 2006, the idea of OCI (Abroad Resident of India) was presented on Pravasi Bharatiya Divas.
Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2023 Theme
This year the Theme for Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2023 will be “Diaspora: Reliable Partners for India’s Progress in Amrit Kaal,” according to the Ministry of External Affairs. The significance of the Indian community in advancing India is emphasized by this theme. The Government of India selects a different Theme for NRI Day every year.
The forum for the Indian diaspora and NRI Day events are held around the Theme proposed by the Government of India. Here, we’ve listed a few of the themes from the previous year.
- 2014: “Engaging Diaspora: Connecting Across Generations”
- 2015: “Apna Bharat, Apna Gaurav”
- 2017: “Redefining engagement with the Indian diaspora”
Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2023 Significance
Non-Resident Indian Day (NRI DAY) is marked on January 9 to recognize the Overseas Indian community’s contribution to India’s growth. Mahatma Gandhi, the greatest Pravasi, arrived in India from South Africa in 1915. He made a huge contribution to India’s fight for independence and permanently changed Indian culture. It is primarily planned to honor the cooperation between Indian non-residents and Indian policymakers.
The Ministry of External Affairs, the Confederation of Indian Industries, the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), and the Ministry of Development of the North Eastern Region are all sponsors of this event. Pravasi Bharatiya Divas also signify the efforts made by the Indian population living abroad to maintain ties to their heritage.
Important Points to remember for Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2023
The guest of Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas 2023 would be H.E. Ms. Zaneta Mascarenhas, Member of Parliament of Australia. NRI Day is very famous and popular in India. And this is the 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas Convention 2023. This year Pravasi Bhartiya Divas 2023 is celebrated in Indore Madhya Pradesh. And Indore is also the cleanest city in India.
- From January 8–10, 2023, in Indore, the 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Convention will be held in collaboration with the Madhya Pradesh Government.
- The PBD Convention has more than 3,500 diaspora participants enrolled from approximately 70 different nations.
- The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports will collaborate to host the Youth Pravasi Bharatiya Divas’ official opening. The Youth Pravasi Bharatiya Divas’ Guest of Honor will be H.E. Ms. Zaneta Mascarenhas, an Australian legislator.
- In addition to speeches from the Chief Guest, H.E. Dr. Mohamed Irfaan Ali, President of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana, and the Special Guest of Honor, H.E. Mr. Chandrikapersad Santokhi, Hon’ble President of India, the PBD Convention will be opened by Shri Narendra Modi, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India.
- Hon’ble Prime Minister will introduce the very first computerized PBD Presentation on the subject “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav – Commitment of Diaspora in Indian Opportunity Battle” to feature the commitment of our diaspora political dissidents in India’s Freedom.
Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2023 Plenary Sessions
To Celebrate the NRI Day 2023, There are Five Plenary Sessions according to the PBD Convention which is as follows:
- Shri Anurag Singh Thakur, Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, presided over the first plenary, which focused on the “Role of Diaspora Youth in Innovations and New Technologies.”
- Second Plenary: “Role of Indian Diaspora in Promoting Indian Healthcare Eco-System in Amrit Kaal: Vision @2047,” co-chaired by Minister of State for External Affairs Dr. Rajkumar Ranjan Singh and Health & Family Welfare Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya.
- Third Plenary on “Leveraging the Soft Power of India – Goodwill via Craft, Cuisine & Creativity,” presided over by Smt. Meenakshi Lekhi, Minister of State for External Affairs.
- Fourth Plenary on “Enabling Global Mobility of the Indian Workforce – The Role of the Indian Diaspora,” presided over by Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of Education, Skill Development & Entrepreneurship
- Fifth Plenary: “Harnessing Diaspora Entrepreneurs’ Potential for an Inclusive Approach”
You May Also Like to Read
|CTET Important Link|
|CTET Exam Date||CTET Admit Card 2023|
|CTET Previous Year Papers||CTET Certificate Validity|
|CTET Selection Process||CTET 2023 Notification PDF|
|CTET Cut OFF 2023||CTET New Syllabus 2023|